Menu
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone delivery

tried to order a mobile fone but theyre insistant on only delivering it to my home address. it's going to be a xmas gift for my wife. As i'm currently out of the country until March next year any parcels delivered to my house mywife will open and the surprise will be ruined. why can virgin not understand this and help me out a little.  My son lives 1/4 mile away from us. surely i can have it delivered to his home?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone delivery

Hi Ricky599,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any difficulties caused on our part with getting the phone delivered.

So we can look into this for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. I'm unable to guarantee that we'd be able to get the phone delivered to an alternative address but our team will be able to look into this for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Matt, but as you can see "i am out of the country until March next year". i've certainly no intentions of using my mobile phone to call  you to try and arrange an alternative address when you already state that it is very unlikely this will be possible.

The phone has been delivered to my home address with the not so helpful Yodel.. Why on earth do you use this incompitant company?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ricky599,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry for any frustration caused on our part. What happened with Yodel when they delivered to your house?

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt

i received an email from yourselves with a delivery date. 26/11/2015. I managed to arrange my future daughter-in-law to be at my home all of that day and have my wife out somewhere else so she wouldn't see what was being delivered

No estimated delivery time.. No delivery happened. My wife and daughter-in-law was out on the 27th and low and behold yodel turned up. All the driver did was post one of their cards through the letterbox.Totally blank.. not one bit of writing on it to say they had been, nor even tried to get a neighbour to sign for it. It was left for my daughter-in-law to phone up the number on the bottom of the card to re-arrange delivery. That was rearranged for the following monday due to it being weekend. so another day of arranging somebody to be at my home and my wife being out. I start at 6.30 in the morning..5.30 uk time and finish at 19.30 in the evening. Am unable to use my phone during the day due to working on a military installation so everything has to be done at night after 21.00 hours. Customer service and a delivery service is sadly lacking here. But here's the best bit.The phone is in it's box all sealed up at my daughter-in-laws home awaiting that one special day, xmas, and i won't even be there to see her face as she opens her present, and what do i get?  A £12.00 bill from VM for the 1st months payment for the contract.I never knew you paid up front for a phone contact. Bravo,VM  you have surpassed yourselves with the height of cheek and gall.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ricky599,

I'm incredibly sorry for the issues you've had with getting the phone delivered. It's not something we like to see.

With regards to paying the first month, this is taken automatically on our side. I'm sorry this wasn't communicated to you. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

I'd love to help in any way possible Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply Matt.

I just wish staff would be honest and upfront with charges ect when customers order phones ect off yourselves. Is it too much to ask?

i realise that getting the 1st payment of £12.00 credited back for all the inconvenience suffered is probably not going to happen but then again i wasn't doing all the running around and chasing a phone that never arrived when it was supposed to.

So you're saying you would love to help in any way possible. Are you true to your word?  If so how about sending my future daughter-in-law a bunch of flowers on behalf of VM for all the hassle she has had to go through trying to sort out your mess.Smiley Happy

you have my e-mail address from my account details i presume or i'm sure you can private message me on here for her address.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me ricky599 Smiley Happy

I'm afraid that it's not possible for me to arrange this for you. Sorry about that. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos