Menu
anoyed
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone abroad

My mobile has roaming turned on and international call baring turned on

Which as it stands I think means I can use my mobile abroad but I can not call a foreign landline or mobile from the UK.at least that's what it says on my account under manage my services .

However this week my daughter had a medical emergency abroad and was unable to call the UK from Gran Canaria it was only when I contacted virgin that I found out that unless you have international call baring turned off and roaming turned on can you make a call to the UK from abroad. It does not mention this anywhere on the web site nor does it say it on my mobile account

virgin should check and change this info

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone abroad

anoyed wrote:

My mobile has roaming turned on and international call baring turned on

Which as it stands I think means I can use my mobile abroad but I can not call a foreign landline or mobile from the UK.at least that's what it says on my account under manage my services .

However this week my daughter had a medical emergency abroad and was unable to call the UK from Gran Canaria it was only when I contacted virgin that I found out that unless you have international call baring turned off and roaming turned on can you make a call to the UK from abroad. It does not mention this anywhere on the web site nor does it say it on my mobile account

virgin should check and change this info

To make you feel worse, the info about turning "Call Baring" off so you can make calls from abroad to the UK was there untill about a month ago, so someone decided that the Information was not needed by us customers and was taken out.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos