Menu
6nib
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

mobile not connecting in Athens

For the past three years my other half has taken breaks in different European cities ,  last being Athens  this month . Every time we have rung virgin and  gone on line to make sure that the mobile could be used. But surprise ,surprise it would not connect , sim card out ,off and on ,connect manually, nothing worked , even a different mobile hand set. So I as the contract holder get it in the neck from my her , because she has to borrow her friends phone to contact me . then the never ending dance with virgin begins,  same trotted out statements ,I'm just waiting for ,"now wave your magic wand and shout abracadabra" . all is well . And while I'm at it the reception around us at home has be come diabolic. So Virgin Mobile  enough is enough  . 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile not connecting in Athens

Did you set up the phone for international roaming( not calling in but changing in the phone settings)?
Have you checked the web account to ensure roaming is active?
0 Kudos
6nib
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes , both each time she went abroad . Its not so much the phone working but the reaction of virgin which sets the teeth on edge
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok call ask for roaming to be switched off 24 hours later switch it back on 24 hours later reboot the phone
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey 6nib, 

I am so sorry to hear about the issue with roaming, I have had a very quick look into this and it is possible that roaming hasn't been process properly, I would like to look into this further for you. 

Shortly I am going to send you a private message so that I can request account information. 

Chat to you soon!

Kelly 

0 Kudos