0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile network not available

Hi Geo12345,

Welcome to the forums and a big welcome to Virgin Mobile! Smiley Happy

If your mobile network isn't available just after joining us, it could be a few small issues causing this. We can get any of these solved very quickly!

Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll make sure that we get this sorted for you as soon as possible. Let me know how this goes. I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geo12345,

How are you getting on with this?

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
geo12345
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sorry MAT   In answer to your query mobile phone can use (2) sims simultaneusly. Due to mix up Virgin supplied 2 sims with same phone number. Virgin salesman was not interested in set up because I bought the mobile on E-BAY. HOWEVER he fitted both sims and said I needed to set it up myself.. Ibelieve he i not know and installed the micro sim incorrectly ( 180 degrees )  Now it resulted in screen messages saying sim not fully in and /or no sim., resulting message of network not available./ ditto/ditto. Phone supplier advised resetting phone APN android SETTINGS for my carrier name as shown on google .Needless to say I am fed up after attempts with 3 people to solve the problem..Supplier has since sent E-mail  with photo"s how to install sims and then instructions how to power on/off using ON/OFF at same time as VOLUME buttona few timesto get to factory mode. Then press volume button to select eMMC then press power button to re-boot "software" will stay at"welcome menu" a little long time,please wait if not ok . they will send return address..  NEEDLESS TO SAY STILL DOES NOT WORK.. the screen was locked on same chinese caracter after 2hrs30mins. SO  RETURNING PHONE TO SUPPLIER VIA E-BAY.   MY SAGA ENDS.. NOT BAD FOR 78 nearly 79 year old senior citizen   George Denton.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you had to have the phone returned George Smiley Sad

I'm afraid I can't comment on the sim installation as I'm not familiar with the model of phone.

Please let me know if you need anything at all from me. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos