Menu
sipsaroop
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mobile in spain

this was all to be set up in the uk got here zilch/ cant use phone for send recieve calls

on line account was supposed to be set up in uk spent 2 hrs in shop to do this zilch to use my phone in abroad was supposed to be set up in uk zilch can anyone assist i need to set an account up but the system wont let me cant get passed login screen and yes i am putting in the correct details, swithering just to got and buy a local simm card to save all this grief but would prefer to use existing as i have paid for it

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile in spain

From the Sticky on roaming

If you're abroad and roaming isn't working at all for you, the same team will be able to look into it for you. They can be reached on +447953967967. The team can turn this on from their side. Once this has been done, give your phone a hard reboot (popping the battery out of the phone while it's turned on ) to allow the sim a connection refresh.

We'd also suggest a manual network search to connect to all available networks.

0 Kudos
sipsaroop
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi they can be reached on .............. how do i do that when the phone don't work. I'm going to buy a simm card here then when i get back sue them for breach of contract, has anyone tried to phone virgin from a land line abroad = DON'T.

soon to be ex virgin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi sipsaroop

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums about the fact you were unable to use your mobile while you were in Spain

I've taken a look at the account for you and can see that the roaming is not activated. I understand you spent time setting this up with us with your local Virgin Media shop and I am sorry that this has not updated for you.

If you are still abroad, you could possibly try these steps to see if you can activate this on your account youself.

logging into  Your Account 

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to ‘on’ here. If it isn't move the tab to ‘on’ and click ‘update’. You’ll then get a green success message. Please be aware that it can take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

You can also check to make sure that the call barring option to stop calls abroad, isn't set to ‘on’.

If you’re still experiencing issues after this, please give our teams a call on +44345 600 789 from an alternative roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos