Menu
Archar
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mobile data plan

I have been with Virgin Mobile since at  least 2001 initially on their pay as you go phone.

I eventually got their VIP SIM ONLY DEAL with unlimited everything for £15 which has since gone up to £19.50.

I was sent a letter dated 27 May 2016 saying that they were switching me from my unlimited everything plan to 1GB  and I had 2 options:

1: disconnect my contract ( **bleep** off if I didn't like it)

2: change my tariff.

I rang 789 and spoke to a young lady who told me that I should just ignore the letter as it was an administrative error. But it kept bugging me over the last couple of days and I rang another number today and spoke to 3 differnt people .

The first young lady basically told me that I had exceeded my usage limit and I explain to her that I thought unlimited meant unlimited. She then told me that there was a red flag on my account that said I was going to be placed on the 1GB and  not allowed to change my tariff and I was only allowed the 1GB take it or leave it. After looking online I saw that there is a deal for £23  for 10GB and rang agin and ask if I could then have that tariff. This time the gentleman who Spoke to me said no that was not available to me . If that 10GB was not available I could understandbut it is , therefore I feel that I am been treated unfairly.

At no time was I warned that I was using too much data. Apparently the most I used was just over 12GB and that was only only in the last 3 or so months , before that usage was on average 3GB or so per month.

Is there any redress? I am really disappointed that as a loyal Virgin I am being treated like this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Archar
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mobile data plan

Virgin Mobile customer , sorry

0 Kudos
Archar
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mobile data plan

Apparently Mark Davidson is Executive Director of Customer Care but I was told that he can't help me because the decision is final .

I wont get more than 1GB .

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile data plan

I believe this has been going on for a while. I suggest you conserve your efforts and move operators. There are some very good SIM only plans at the moment with the added bonus of 4G

0 Kudos