Menu
hailesdurham
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

mobile data charge

Received my bill which was £80 more than usual. Turns out I've been charged £3 a day for about 3 or so weeks to use internet because I'd gone over my useage?
This month I'd used 95% of my promotional data by midday on the day it was refreshed?! Really confused as to how this has happened as not using my phone any different to how I usually do. Now looking into previous bills to find out where it's happening and have read other comments on here so making certain changes (seems ridiculous in this day and age to have to turn mobile data off?!)

feel this is very unfair when I didn't receive any text to tell me this had happened? If I'd known I would've paid for add on data! Have received messages to say promotional data used up and now on normal allowance etc but nothing to say I'd gone over my allowance?

Feel like I'm being ripped off which I never expected from Virgin. anyone else had this problem?
0 Kudos
cornetjo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile data charge

No answer really, apart to say that I am in exactly the same situation!  It is abysmal, mobile data was turned off for the whole time after the data had been used up, but still we were charged £3 per day!  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hailesdurham and @cornetjo,

I'm sorry that you're having a problem with being charged for going over your data allowance. It sounds like there may be apps or your mobile OS running updates via your mobile data connection in the background.

Please see the suggestions below for ways to manage your data usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage
  • Set a credit limit on the account. Currently, the lowest available is £50.

Also, please see our online Help & Support page: Managing Your Account for Virgin Mobile.

If you are still having a problem with this after all the above checks, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hailesdurham
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply Terri I'll look into this but it all looks promising going forward!. At the moment I have my mobile data turned off until my data is refreshed!

Should I have received a text to let me know I was over my allowance? A lady on the phone said I should've done but the only text I got was to say my promotional data was used up. This is what I feel is most unfair as obviously if I'd got that text I would've done something about it!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hailesdurham,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving notification SMS's for your data usage. This is an automatic text sent out for our pay monthly customers. If you continue having problems, we could try you with a replacement SIM card, but there isn't a setting on your account that switches these notifications on and off.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos