Menu
Jaded
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

mobile blocked after virgin cold call

As of 8pm on the 4th August 2016 my account has been blocked. I should never have taken that call from Virgin mobile  based in heavens knows where offering to change a PAYG simply8 to a 0 bonus with free landline, texts and virgin mobile calls . I did ask what the catch was and even the manager I talked to said there wasn't one it was because I was a 'valued customer' and if I wasn't happy I had 14 days to change my mind. Well it went wrong !  I have a liberty sim for £20 and a PAYG simply8 on the same account and I was told that they would change the simply 8 part and nothing else. So I called virgin mobile 1hour38minutes later I still have no mobile phone on my liberty sim if I'm lucky this will be reconnected in 24 hours time and I can't cancel and go back to the simply8 as there is no 14 day cooling off period. I kept asking to talk to managers and someone in the uk and have had no luck. Also I would like to point out that virgin mobile is in breach of uk law under distance selling regulations because you phoned me I did not come looking for you.

I need an email address so I can progress my complaint

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile blocked after virgin cold call

Hi Jaded,

unfortunately there is no email address for Virgin Mobile Smiley Sad

You can write to them at:

Complaints
Virgin Media
PO Box 333
Matrix Court
Swansea
SA7 9ZJ

Or message: Help and Support - Contact Us > Something else > Making a complaint > Chat on line. (there used to be an email option here up until last week but now they've even removed that Smiley Frustrated)

I would be interested in hearing how you get on with this and the details of exactly what you were offered (I'm on the Simply 8p payg myself).

My wife moved her tariff last year on to a newer one and there was no way of going back once moved.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Jaded
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alexius,

I will give that a go and keep you updated

Hopefully someone from Virgin will poke there head out I want to know what they have to say about breaking the law

Jaded

0 Kudos
Jaded
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid, (turned off auto correction sorry about that)

I have got some news.

The tariff they will offer you to get off the simply 8 is called a 0 basic and you will get the following no charge on uk landline calls 01 02 03numbers only, texts and virgin mobile calls but here's the rub 35p for other network calls(could be more) and data they haven't told me. I keep asking for email confirmation of the tariff so I can go back to say NO change it back to simply 8 as you have miss sold me this product and it is not fit for purpose but still nothing. .

So back to the point

I tried the link you have on this page and it still doesn't work so I  had to go through their costumer service centre to do it and getting reimbursed for the phone being cut off and the simply8 money was being credited to my account. They said I should get a call from someone in the uk in 5 days to 'talk' about my compliant.

Personally speaking it's a bad deal, if they come calling hang up and run for the hills it is just a way of virgin underhandedly getting more money off you

Jaded

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaded,

thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I use my "Simply 8p" SIM just to keep in touch with my family (they're all on Virgin) and the 50 minutes free to other Virgin mobiles each month covers this.

From what you say about this "0 Basic" tariff it is still pay as you go.

Still free calls to other Virgin mobiles (more than 50 minutes?)

+ free landline calls (is there a limit?) + free texts (how many?)

And the only downside is the 35p (rather than your previous 8p) charge for calling other networks.

I would presume if you want mobile data, it would be charged at £1per day for up to 100MB as it is on all pay as you go tariffs.

Personally if these details are correct it sounds like a great deal (too good to be true) as I don't even use mine for calling other networks.

Anyhow, I hope that you get the call back as promised and manage to get a suitable resolution.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Jaded
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlexKid,

I rang Virgin today they are very ill prepared and I'm sure are waiting for the 14 days to run out.

They do keep saying no way back just as you said. When I mentioned they were underhanded and breaking British law on distance selling they hung up. Anyway the ombudsman has been informed and it is in their hands now.

I still don't know how much you would pay for other network calls as Virgin still hasn't sent though a breakdown something else that is underhanded.

The only thing I know about the Basic 0 is unlimited landline calls 01 02 03, unlimited texts any network, unlimited  virgin mobile calls and no data and this I got off my account it is also a 30 rolling contract not PAYG.

Jaded

0 Kudos