Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

lumia 640 sim issues

I have just purchased a Lumia 640 sim free phone .its a duel sim phone and it came with a EE nano sim I don't want to swap my network .i have put in a virgin nano and it won't accept it in sim 1 slot but if I swap them over it will work on mobile data on the EE but rejects the virgin sim still .
I thought a sim free phone would work on all networks?
Plus would it work with two virgin sims?
I am very confused as I like the phone but didn't want to swap everything over
Thanks if anyone can help
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (48 Views)

Re: lumia 640 sim issues

Hi sparkles13,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with getting your dual SIM phone running both an EE SIM and Virgin Mobile SIM. This isn't a setup that we support, however, I will get in touch with our Mobile Tech Team tomorrow (they're closed now) and see if I can get some helpful advice for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (43 Views)

Re: lumia 640 sim issues

Hi sparkles13,

I've been in touch with our Mobile Tech team who have advised that this sounds like an issue with the handset, as the SIMs from either provider will work separately, but not with each other. Dual SIM handsets should be able to run simultaneously with different providers. It's been suggested that you have your handset checked.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos