Menu
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

losing network at home?

A couple of weeks ago my s3mini lost network connection and stated "emergency only" . The usual Virgin network I connect to had disappeared. A reboot brought it back and I thought it just one of those things.

Today same happened. I usually leave my phone set to GSM to get max battery life (I use very little data connection)  I again rebooted but swapped the network setting to wcdma/gsm autoswitch. This worked for a while but about an hour ago it again went to emergency only. Another reboot and it is back.  Is this a network fault? Or a phone/sim problem?  Is a local mast down/gone??

Interestingly - my wife has exactly same phone/package/deal etc. We got on same date, setup same etc (or so we thought). But - hers shows network on bottom of home screen as EE. Mine is Virgin -with a capital V !!  Should I try to connect mine to EE?  If so - how exactly do I do that please?  And ...........  why do we seem to be on different networks anyway??!!!   Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: losing network at home?

Hi Shirleywhite,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with the signal at home.

So I can get this looked into for you, are you able to PM me your full postcode?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the option for private message on the right hand side.

Let me know once you've sent this off.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shirleywhite,

Are you still having issues with the signal at home?

Let me know if you need anything at all from me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat
Since last reboot the signal seems to be ok around my home. Fingers crossed that it was just some sort of temporary issue. Thanks for responding!. Regards.
0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to ask -just out of interest - why/what's the difference between my network showing as Virgin and my wifes identical phone and setup shows EE as the network? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shirleywhite,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

Glad to see it's all working for you!

There's no difference in the networks whatsoever Smiley Happy We use the EE network to connect to so there's no issues.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos