Menu
cake66
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lollipop update flickering screen on samsung s5 help

Hi had lollipop update a few weeks ago but now i have problems. sometimes get white block instead of numbers on lockscreen. but now i have problems with browser after a few times of using websites the top bit of screen flickers and its hard to scroll up or down and then keyboard jumps up and down. can any one help as it's getting frustrating?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: lollipop update flickering screen on samsung s5 help

Hi Cake66,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your S5. So we can get this all sorted for you, I want to try a few quick things.

Firstly, are you able to perform a hard reboot by popping the battery out of the phone while it's turned on?

This should refresh the phones cache. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cake66
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat H

Yes I have tried that as sometimes screen goes black and unresponsive. I have done a factory reset and problem still there. After switching on flickering doesn't always start straight away a few mins after using apps it starts. email, messenger, settings etc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cake66,

Thanks for getting back to usSmiley Happy

Matt is away from the office at the moment so I've jumped on this for him.

Sounds like this issue is going to be linked to the lollipop upgrade. Even when you do a factory reset it will still leave lollipop installed. Looking around the internet there are a few people complaining about this issue since the update.

One of the suggestions that's been made is to turn off power save mode. You can normally do this by sliding the top menu down and deselecting it here. You could also try increasing the brightness as well to see if this stops the flickering.

Let me know how this goes.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos