Menu
jup414
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

live chat always busy ...

Hi. I m currently abroad and have been trying to resolve an issue with my mobile. I used your freephone number given by your customer services team and was told it was free . Checked yesterday and i ve just been slapped with an enormous bill !!! I spoke to customer services who denied it was a virgin number ??? and the lady on the other side said she would get back to me , which she hasn't. 

i have been on your live chat everyday and the icon always says agents are busy???  How am i meant to contact you? can someone please get back to me...

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: live chat always busy ...

If you check at the top of the forum, you'll see there is a post about roaming issues, that would explain why they are so busy, many folks like you abroad are trying to get their service restored 

carol1951
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i  have  been trying  to  get  live  chat  for  2 days  now  and its  still  saying  it  is  busy? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi carol1951,

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties getting in touch with us while you are abroad.

I have checked on this for you and if you would like to discuss your billing issue further, you will need to contact us via 789 or 0345 6000 789 (UK) or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us - if you are getting the busy message, keep refreshing the page every so often so that when an agent becomes available we can chat with you. Alternatively, you can call in on +447953967967 from abroad. This is a chargeable call, so please bear that in mind. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
laurencephilip
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: live chat always busy ... (also fictional charges!)

Live chat a

jup414 wrote:

Hi. I m currently abroad and have been trying to resolve an issue with my mobile. I used your freephone number given by your customer services team and was told it was free . Checked yesterday and i ve just been slapped with an enormous bill !!! I spoke to customer services who denied it was a virgin number ??? and the lady on the other side said she would get back to me , which she hasn't. 

i have been on your live chat everyday and the icon always says agents are busy???  How am i meant to contact you? can someone please get back to me...

lways busy so alternatively tried to speak via 789 (the Philippines actually!) on three separate occasions without getting a sensible conversation out of any of them! A complete waste of time. My particular issue involves being charged for internet usage in Serbia when I've never set foot in the country! Trump that! .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi laurencephilip,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have been charged for service usage in a country that you haven't visited. 

Have you recently visited an area near the Serbian border? Sometimes roaming charges can cross over borders via the strongest available network.

Please let me know and I can check into this for you. I will also need to verify your details, so will send you a private message. Just check the envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sadly Terri is correct, you can even get billing for using a French network on the south coast if the cliffs are between you and a uk mast Smiley Happy
Homa
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi
0 Kudos
Homa
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator