Menu
zeezee
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

leaving a contract early

Hello I hope you can help. My husband and I are both tied into a 24 month contract with VM however due to very poor signal within our home we need to switch providers as we are missing important calls. Our contact ends in June 2016 and we have been very loyal customers for over 10 years, can you please advise me if there would be any financial implications for leaving the contract early. Thank you
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: leaving a contract early

Usually, if you ask to leave a contract early you are required to pay the remaining monies. This is standard procedure across networks.

You will have to ring customer services in the first instance on 789 and select the 'thinking of leaving' option. I suspect they will tell you the same.

newbie1001
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yet Virgin will quite happily try and cancel a contract with you and offer no compensation for no reason but there financial gain

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ofcom new guidelines say that you can leave your current provider if its not offering you the service it said it would give you when you first took the contract out and you do not have to pay anything to switch and if VM do not comply they will be hammered £5000 fine so its in there best interests to let you leave if this is what you wish to do, Virgin signal is coming from the back of the EE signal which is not the greatest anyway, You should stick to a proper network provider not a MVNO, Further information about leaving your contract early can be found on the ofcom website

0 Kudos