Menu
rightfedup
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lack of phone signal is a worry

For 18 months since I got my contract with VM my phone signal in my house has been very intermittent.  I have had to go outside, up the road, out in my car at times.  Its no joke when I am not well and expecting a call from the GP or I need to phone one that this is now life threatening.  I live alone and so only need my mobile phone. I don't need a land line and have VM broadband. I have complained over the months and even had a reply from a manager to say as they couldn't contact me and I hadn't responded they were closing my complaint!!!  

Anyway it continues to be a nuisance.  I can have three or four bars showing a good signal but still it does not send a text or make a call.  I have switched it off and closed everything open on it.  I have tried to contact the techie guys by phone this morning and surprise, I can make it connect.  So email help is required.  I have tried the self help on here and notice that Virgin is not on the registered network......????

I am not able to get out of this contract, like many others, but I need to have a working phone.  Is this too much to ask when Richard Branson can go into space but I can't use my phone back here on earth.  Priorities please to your customers.....

I have just heard that you can make calls via the broadband and EE.  I understand that Virgin has EE and my bb is with Virgin..  Can you tell me how I can do this.  Maybe this will solve the lack of signal problem.

Can one of the techie guys please help.  I need my phone working and I am paying for a lot of none usage.

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: lack of phone signal is a worry

You can read about EE signal box..

HERE

It may well suit your needs. As far as I know though you need an EE account to keep it active- when active it is compatible with Virgin Mobile.

If you had a phone package with VM, which is likely to cost the same (or a wee bit less) than just broadband, you could have similair functionality with the smartcall app. Details

HERE

You would then have the reassurance of a fixed land-line that wont run out of charge when you need it most..

That, to my mind is maybe a better option.

HOWEVER, and what people seem to forget in the day and age of magical technology, all these technologies use an external power source to run.  Phone masts go down. Power cuts happen and your EE box or Wi-Fi router wont work then.

There is still no REAL alternative to a fixed PSTN line  if your health is poor and you need emergency contact available 24/7

rightfedup
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kippies

The signal box is no longer available.

I don't have a land line and so can't access the smart call.

The reason I didn't go for a land line was that I couldn't afford the line rental per month on top of calls as well as the mobile.  I thought the mobile would suffice as it does for alot of people.  I didn't know I couldn't get a good signal until after the 14 days cancellation.  I think a month is needed to sort out any gremlins in connection. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ring them from somewhere that does have a signal, go through to retentions (thinking of leaving us) , and ask about a landline.

As I pointed out above, its around the same price, and sometimes cheaper for Broadband+land-line  compared to just broadband.

Currently advertised price for base broadband is 34.49

Base broadband + phone line - 32.49

So it would be marginally cheaper to have both than what you have now, going by that pricing. If you are a long term customer, you may get a loyalty discount on top of that.

0 Kudos