Menu
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

keeping my old number

Hi all, wife has been on PAYGO for years on Virgin mobile. They phoned her up and said they were sending her a new phone on a monthly contract. Ok, shiny new phone arrives but uses a micro sim.Wife phones 789 to ask if number off old phone can be transferred to new phone. Wow! complications! you could almost hear the Guy on the other end wringing his hands.  He finished up by saying we needed to get a PAC number???? What!!! Both phone are on Virgin!. We hung up as we thought the guy was an idiot. Phoned 789 again and got someone else. This one said we needed to cancel both contracts and take out a new one. Thanks, Goodbye!!! Phoned 789 again, this time the guy supplied a PAC number and told us to phone again!!! Come on, its not rocket science is it? Two phones, both on Virgin and all we want to do is move the PAYG number to the new contract phone. I can see us sending this new phone back and cancelling within the next 10 days!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Theresa2509
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: keeping my old number

They should be able to do this, I just changed from Tesco to Virgin and had to change the sim size in the process.  The lovely man I spoke to said it was easier if they sent out a replacement sim in the correct size and then I could transfer the number.  The sim arrived the next day and I rang providing the PUK code and number, however it took the whole weekend for the number to change rather than the same day so don't try to do this on a Friday - their transfer teams do not work weekends.

0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Correct, it SHOULD be easy, why are they making it such a pain?

0 Kudos
Theresa2509
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I want to change my previous answer, as I have since discovered I am in mobile provider twilight zone.  I can call out and the display show it is the number I want to use, I can access the internet BUT incoming calls are diverted to Tesco Answerphone (my old provider) and I am unable to text at all.  Oh the joys.

0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I have really had it up to here with Virgin. Tried 789 again this am, the guy says it cant be done as the old phone is a PAYG sim only contract. I say ok, cancel that and transfer number to new monthly phone contract. He says cant do it.

I ask Why? He comes back with "because". I ask him to explain why that cant be done, he come back with "ok, this is getting boring now" American idiot! He needs to be SACKED!!

I am cancelling everything I have from Virgin, cable, Phones the LOT! I am moving to Sky

0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting over number

Hi, wife has been on PAYGO for years on Virgin mobile. They phoned her up and said they were sending her a new phone on a monthly contract. Ok, shiny new phone arrives but uses a micro sim.Wife phones 789 to ask if number off old phone can be transferred to new phone. Wow! complications! you could almost hear the Guy on the other end wringing his hands.  He finished up by saying we needed to get a PAC number???? What!!! Both phone are on Virgin!. We hung up as we thought the guy was an idiot. Phoned 789 again and got someone else. This one said we needed to cancel both contracts and take out a new one. Thanks, Goodbye!!! Phoned 789 again, this time the guy supplied a PAC number and told us to phone again!!! Come on, its not rocket science is it? Two phones, both on Virgin and all we want to do is move the PAYG number to the new contract phone. I can see us sending this new phone back and cancelling within the next 10 days!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royliv,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I really am sorry you've had a bad experience contacting our customer services team. It's definitely not something I like to hear from a new member.

It's now Thursday, has the problem been resolved? Is it just the 2 numbers you have with us?

I'm very keen to hear back from you. Please let me know the latest.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

Too little too late as far as I am concerned, phone is on its way back. You forum guys obviously do your best but it all falls apart when we call 789. I truly feel sorry for you guys!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royliv,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate what you're saying. I'm obviously frustrated I'm not able to help further with this matter. I'm sorry for the bad experience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos