Menu
johnlingard
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

kazam tornado

I'm still struggling with my Kazam Tornado which I've had since the early Summer.  I still can't download any Google updates due to the incompatibility of the phone's firmware with Google's latest software which means I keep getting lots of messages saying that various services won't run. The "fix" advice I got from Kazam hasn't worked and although I know I can install new apps via a third-party site, (I'm using Aptoid), some of these too now won't update, (I HAVE managed to directly install the new Virgin Beta app directly).  Also, I'm having problems with "zombie" text messages, i.e., I get a text and read it then several days later, the same message pops up again as a new message.  Some of these have returned many times and it's getting annoying.  I've deleted the threads but then they come back again, (maybe it's because Halloween is coming???).  To be honest, I've taken to using my old phone on O2 PAYG while the issue is resolved.................... 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: kazam tornado

A long ongoing issue, a few posts, Kazam348 posted a resolution I've copied it here for you

Hi, long last and this has been resolved. Google Play have in the last few days released a build update.

Go to settings and build version should now be 7.0.17. H-all (0)

Mine was showing build version 6 before. If you are still on 6 just click on it and it will say downloading update.

We have four Kazam 348 and the Google Play download pending issue over wi fi has now been resolved with this long awaited update.
0 Kudos
johnlingard
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've now installed the latest version, (had to hard install it from website via USB cable as it wouldn't work via either Google Play or Aptoid).  It doesn't seem any different so far and I'm still getting google error messages but I'll give it 24 hours and see what it's like then.  Having "upgraded" to the Kazam from an older and clunkier android handset, meaning I had to swap my standard size SIM card for a nano which won't fit in my old phone, I'm not overly impressed to date Smiley Sad .

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Clear the cache on the device, it should help
0 Kudos
johnlingard
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If I'm being charitable, the phone is running slightly better now I've put in the current version but I'm still unable to install most updates, (it just shows "installing" for hours until I click on cancel).  Play store now takes several minutes to open up but does do eventually.  I've cleared the cache but I can't say that it's made any difference and I'm still getting the "zombie" text messages that flag up as new messages that I've had weeks ago.........

0 Kudos
djrw55
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've recently had a similar problem where it just showed Downloading but nothing happened. Tried all the recommended solutions i.e. clear cache, force stop, remove/add google account, even factory reset phone all to no avail. Then suddenly today it has started to successfully download Apps from the Play Store, I am puzzled.

0 Kudos
johnlingard
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had just about given up on mine and was about to send it back to Kazam when I had one last go at a Factory Reset, (not the first time!), and lo and behold, it all came right!!!  That was around three weeks ago and since then all updates etc. have loaded perfectly.  Give it another try, you never know, it may well work this time.

0 Kudos