Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 22 (161 Views)

Re: is this a scam???

Is there VM store near you that you could go to? I know they would have to deal with the call centre's, but when I was with Orange I went instore and they sorted everything out for me by communicating with the call centre. Or maybe they can pull up the details on their system and do something for you. It's better than a call centre because they can't pretend they haven't heard the questions you are asking and it's harder for them to give you the run around. Plus I feel like the reps instore actually want to help more. 

If you have a smartphone I use "Smart Recorder" if I'm about to have a conversation I know I'll need to listen back to or have for proof later on. It's been insanely helpful on many occasions. 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 22 (141 Views)

Another update. Today I received yet another simcard (different number to the one I received Tuesday). What the hell is wrong with these call centre employees. To top it off, can`t even log in to my mobile account, just a purple screen where the login details would be. Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 13 of 22 (135 Views)

@ModTeam - does no one want to respond to this thread?

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Super solver
Message 14 of 22 (130 Views)

ravenstar68 wrote:

Most probably worried about getting involved in a scam, even though it is a official one. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 22 (119 Views)

Yet another update lol.
Just rang VM, another "English" responder. Had to explain EVERYTHING yet again then was told I would be put on hold so she can speak with another dept!!!!!!!!!!
If VM offer unsolicited "loyalty" packages why can they not deliver the goods??????????
As I was told that I could keep my existing number I would have thought it was just a case of texting me a PAC, inserting the new simcard then contacting VM with the PAC so my number could be transferred within their given time frame.
Is that too easy or am I missing something??????
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 16 of 22 (112 Views)

robjon said: "As I was told that I could keep my existing number I would have thought it was just a case of texting me a PAC, inserting the new simcard then contacting VM with the PAC so my number could be transferred within their given time frame.
Is that too easy or am I missing something??????"

As far as I know, a PAC code only works when going to a different provider, they can not be used/work within the same provider.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Message 17 of 22 (93 Views)

ravenstar68 wrote:

I can see that both Shelbinator and Robjon have been contacted via PM after this was escalated - apologies that there was no public message to acknowledge that this had been picked up. I will feed this back.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 18 of 22 (86 Views)

More like PAC codes can't be used with Virgin. 9 days in still waiting for that text, this fella's experience sounds exactly like Virgin to me, abysmal at best.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 19 of 22 (65 Views)

Hi All,

Apologies that there was a problem with my public post on Friday. I did respond and also sent private messages in order to check into this issue. I'm not sure why my response didn't post correctly, but the Moderation Team are aware of this. 

Terri_P

Hi robjon and Shelbinator,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with calls from our Sales team and getting an upgrade set up with them. A big thanks to @ravenstar68 for flagging this to us.

I'd like to look into this for you, but will need to take more information first. I'll send you each a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Friday at 2:08 PM

PAC codes can only be used to transfer your Virgin Mobile number to another provider. They cannot be used to transfer a Virgin Mobile number from one account to another account.

For those that have responded to my private message, I'll be back in touch with you directly. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

On our wavelength
Message 20 of 22 (53 Views)

I must admit I've been ignoring this number for weeks thinking it was a scam!

Today I decided to pick up, and because I was asked to go through 'security', I became even MORE wary, and even though the gentleman on the other end offered to verify any account details I asked for, I think I may have been a little abrupt.  Perhaps VirginMobile need to rethink this approach, the call comes from an unidentified number and sounds like too many other data or identity theft calls we all have to contend with.  I'd also asked for the caller to just email me the details of whatever offer it was, to my virgin account email, and I'd look at it - but he seemed unwilling to do so.

0 Kudos