Menu
robhiggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

is there a virgin app to connect to mobile talk / text plan over wi-fi?

Hi all,

I live in a prefab council house with a metal frame, so no mobile signal inside the house. I have 1000 minutes on my mobile plan which I will never use (it was the data I wanted on my contract), and an evening / weekends landline plan which gets used a fair bit.

What I want to do is text and make mobile calls over wi-fi using my mobile plan, and get some use from those 1000mins, while saving money on my landline bill, plus actually be able to receive calls and texts inside my house. Smiley Wink

I have downloaded the Smartcall app, but that is still charging my landline bill, and doesn't seem to included texts, and incoming calls will go to my landline as far as I can see.

EE have an app like this, since Virgin uses the EE network, might it be possible to add this feature if not already available?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: is there a virgin app to connect to mobile talk / text plan over wi-fi?

Three also have "Three in Touch" which does exactly what you want. I have a couple of rooms with poor reception on all networks. Now I call, send texts and receive on Wifi.

Virgin have nothing similar

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robhiggs.

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

We take all feedback on board regarding Smartcall and I can assure you this has been acknowledged.

The Smartcall app is designed around a VM landline number. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let you know in our news board.

I'm here if you have any more queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
robhiggs
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for comment & feedback. If this functionality could be added to smartcall it would be great, especially as other networks have this provision.
0 Kudos