Menu
terry33345
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is it free to call an 0345 number for more than an hour?

Hi 

I have been trying to find out if calls to 0345 numbers are free from my mobile, it appears that new laws should make calls to 0345 numbers free from Virgin Mobile when within my inclusive minutes but wanted to double  check.

Is it the case that ALL calls to 0345 number are free or is there a limit ( i expect to be on the phone to HMRC tomorrw and expect that it will last at least an hour! )

any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: is it free to call an 0345 number for more than an hour?

I think the answer for mobiles is that 0345 numbers are included within airtime allowances no matter the duration of the call. If you exceed your allowed airtime overall you will charged at what ever rate your mobile provider sets. For VM and for Pay monthly tariffs see here.

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I 'phoned HMRC last month I was kept waiting for 47 minutes then speaking to someone for 13½ minutes. I didn't pay any extra for the call.

terry33345
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gorf, 

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me- like you I spent the best part of an hour on hold before embarking on a lenghty 'chat' with a customer service operative.. 

At least my phone bill wont sting the bank balance! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's a worry, all right. There are situations where you're expected to hang up before 60 minutes and call again. I'm unclear as to what these situations are, and whether we pay for the whole call or just the section after 60mins.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In all situations you have to hang up after an hour or you will charged for the whole duration of the call, not just the excess after one hour.  However that is the landline rule. Not sure what happen on a mobile call.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I think the answer for mobiles is that 0345 numbers are included within airtime allowances no matter the duration of the call. If you exceed your allowed airtime overall you will charged at what ever rate your mobile provider sets. For VM and for Pay monthly tariffs see here.

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
terry33345
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML,

0 Kudos