Menu
sweet88
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iphone 5s terrible phone call quality the other end of the line

So i recently upgraded to a new iphone 5s. I dont make a lot of calls and when i do i often use whatsapp. Recently i've had to make numerous calls to numerous people and noticed a trend in the person the other end saying 'i cant hear you' and 'this is a terrible line'. from my end the call is clear i have no issues. I didn't realise there even was an issue until recently i phoned my dad and asked once and for all how is the quality of this phone call he agreed it was bad and had always been bad. no one thought to mention this to me though...

I dont believe there is an issue with the phone as whatsapp calls are clear. i've also used my phone in different locations so its also not down to bad signal in one place. having said that at home now i have 2 bars out of 5. i live in the middle of birmingham city centre, not out in the sticks, if this is the issue i'd like to know why? 

frankly i feel like im paying 30 quid a month for a phone that doesnt function as a phone. i dont believe i had these issues with my old sony phone. I need to phone people especially at the moment as im looking to move house and currently struggle to even hold a couple of minutes conversation.

Please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iphone 5s terrible phone call quality the other end of the line

My wife has always had iPhones, albeit on a different provider. I've never been impressed with the sound quality for the "other party".
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iphone 5s terrible phone call quality the other end of the line

Hi sweet88,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'd like to apologise for the terrible call quality on your iPhone 5s. I appreciate this is important for you particularly with the house move.

I've never had an iPhone so can't comment on the quality from a personal perspective like Gorf has. If you're able to make clear calls with WhatsApp then I'd imagine the microphone and speaker are fine. If these were a problem then you'd get it across all types of calls.

We can't guarantee the strength of indoor signal because it's affected by many factors outside of our control as covered in our Mobile Coverage Checker page. Furthermore, if you're getting poor call quality at multiple locations then it's unlikely signal or mast issues are to blame.

I'm going to suggest calling technical support so they can diagnose further. You can call them on 789 from a Virgin Mobile, 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. Alternatively, you can also contact the web chat team.

Hope this helps. Please keep me updated along the way.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos