Menu
f-red
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

internet usage on bill

why does the item " Internet Usage " constantly appear on my mobile bill when I never use the internet function on my handset?

What are " tags " ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet usage on bill

Hi f-red,

presumably as you never use the internet on your mobile device, your "Internet Usage" will show as "0" or £0.00" (zero).

It is there though in case you should decide to use Virgin mobile data.

"tags" on this forum are "keywords" which you can enter relevant to the post & they will show in a search. 

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your phone will use the Internet if it's available. It periodically checks for updates. The only way to prevent this is to turn off mobile data, but some people have reported that their account is still showing as using data even with mobile data off
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi f-red,

you don't say whether your bill shows a charge for internet usage?

If this is the case without you using the internet then it most likely will be as Gorf says. "Smart phones" connect to the internet automatically to update systems & Apps (it will show as small amounts KB of data).

If this is the case & it is costing you. You need to turn off/disable mobile data.

If you are unsure how to do this, tell us the make & model of your phone & I'm sure someone here can help.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos