Menu
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

internet dropping out or timing out

mobile keeps dropping out back to display screen after it says resuming, spoke to VM tech expert who says try another browser?? understand that windows Lumia 640 does not allow other browsers other that Microsoft edge. any one got a clue apart from sling it in the bin??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: internet dropping out or timing out

hi dave thanks for your help ,can't i have noticed it on any other instrument i have desktop connected to the hub via ethernet cable,apple i pad connected to the hub on the 5G connection,,i have laptop, asus i pad, and mobile phone connected to the hub via wifi 2G connection so i am inclined to suspect the mobile phone windows MS lumia 640.any suggestion will be appreciated. 

tried hard reset to factory setting too much work to get everything back,when through on google to VM to check  allowances etc and screen goes white with message on the top we tried several times to download info without success instead of keep trying please clear and try later as we are unable to locate the fault.

tried hard reset so maybe something on the phone i was through to VM to check my

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi windowsmobile,

Has this only recently started?

From what you have posted it sounds like the app or OS could be crashing?

I think this thread on the Microsoft forum is discussing a similar issue, so I wonder if some of the advice posted there might be useful?

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for your assistance but having read the problems similar from CJKees  I decided to cold start from factory staus

and am no updating all my in fo so will let you know later  how successful or other wise that move was. mark IN HAND.

thanks again.

0 Kudos
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ref my last info I have cold start mobile  from factory settings lots of work lost all my data allowance including the rollover now over my limit at my cost and the problem is still there trying the google browser(instead of MS edge) and although it still still drops out google manages to hold the

browser from completely clearing and the blank page with tiny writing up the top saying sorry we are unable to download info please try later. If that doesn't tell you the problem is with virgin media I don't know what else to say looks like timing out , perhaps its a faulty super hub 2??. I await further assistance before  I decide to pack in VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi windowsmobile

I hope you don't mind me stepping in whilst Liam is away. I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your Lumia 640.

Can I ask if any of your other devices have issues when connected up to your Super Hub? This will help us determine whether it’s related to the Hub or the handset.

Many regards.

Dave

0 Kudos
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi dave thanks for your help ,can't i have noticed it on any other instrument i have desktop connected to the hub via ethernet cable,apple i pad connected to the hub on the 5G connection,,i have laptop, asus i pad, and mobile phone connected to the hub via wifi 2G connection so i am inclined to suspect the mobile phone windows MS lumia 640.any suggestion will be appreciated. 

tried hard reset to factory setting too much work to get everything back,when through on google to VM to check  allowances etc and screen goes white with message on the top we tried several times to download info without success instead of keep trying please clear and try later as we are unable to locate the fault.

tried hard reset so maybe something on the phone i was through to VM to check my

0 Kudos
windowsmobile
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sorry dave hope that last message made sense I have also tried resetting the hub but no good still dropping out mainly on mobile handset.M
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey windowsmobile

Thanks for getting back to me. It certainly sounds like a handset issue to me. If everything up to and including a factory reset has been tried and hasn't sorted it out then it may need a closer look by our repair team. 

I'd recommend giving our team a ring on 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from any Virgin landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other number.

Any questions as always let me know.

Dave

0 Kudos