Menu
dizzybuff
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

insurance - proof of usage

I am claiming on my insurance due to a accident wiith my phone and I need a proof of usage. I have been told time and time again letters have been sent out but nothng arrived. When I do get one its a proof of purchase. The insurance company need proof ive used my phone. Please help im using a very very old phone.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: insurance - proof of usage

Hi dizzybuff,

Thanks for your query Smiley Happy

I've Pm'ed you some info so that we can look into this further.

Thanks

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
drewy88
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm am having a lot of trouble with this myself right now. Surprisingly it's Virgin holding it all up rather than insurance company! I have phoned up for proof of usage, went through all the details and was told it would be 3-5 working days. This has happened a couple of times now and had nothing through the post whatsoever.

Phoned up to check on whether anything had been sent out and the call centre advisor could not get past the idea of was wanting proof of purchase, no matter how much I tried to explain this was not the case! He found the details of my previous calls but seemed to reference an older phone, a nexus 4, rather than the nexus 5 that was reported stolen and blocked by Virgin.

So now I am no clearer about whether proof of usage has been or is being sent out. And if it does, whether it will even have the correct details on anywhere! And every time I have managed to talk to a call centre advisor it is just like going round in circles as they just seem to read out text from a handbook rather than listen to what you are saying. It is infuriating at best.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Forgive my naivety, but isn't the combination of proof of purchase plus itemised bill acceptable (for a Virgin-sourced phone)? One shows the cost of the phone, IMEI and the phone number, the other shows the phone number and its usage.

I assume all this fuss is to avoid people insuring a non-Virgin broken phone, waiting a month then claiming? If so, we could do with knowing what we'll be expected to provide if a claim is needed before that claim is needed.

0 Kudos
lonesomepieman
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same problem, really really disappointed with Virgin, a company I have been with for a very long time, and I really thought I was getting a good service for my broadband, landline, tv package and 2 mobile phone contracts. 

All I want is proof of purchase so I can get a replacement handset, I've been without it now for 3 weeks, and the call centre workers are completely unsympathetic to my problem, feeding me lies about non existing emails and documents that have been sent, the operator hung up on me today, because she couldn't be bothered listening to me moaning about my problem, she just said an email was on its way then hung up mid conversation, and guess what? still no email.

Totally disillusioned.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lonesomepieman,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your having issues getting your proof of usage. Appreciate this is frustrating.

Id like to look into this for you. 

I will send you a private message (red envelop, top left hand side) for some information to get this looked into.

Speak soon

Many thanks 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

Your very WelcomeSmiley Happy

Take care and enjoy your summer.

Cheers

Steve

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos