Menu
leilasprout
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

insurance- proof of usage with IMEI number

There is damage to my mobile, and I have submitted an insurance claim to Switchedon.com

The problem is that they are asking for proof of usage that shows my mobile's IMEI number. The only proof of usage I am able to access online via my account, only states my mobile phone number, which they won't accept.

Does anyone have any advice, on how I can obtain some usage proof with IMEI number?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: insurance- proof of usage with IMEI number

I think you're out of luck. Virgin don't know the IMEI number of phones bought from other companies.

You might be able to get a letter from Virgin stating that they don't have access to the IMEI.

0 Kudos
leilasprout
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I bought the phone from Virgin Mobile direct. Therefore, from what I've they should be able to give me the proof of last usage with IMEI number. However, I have called Virgin on several occasions and I'm getting nowhere, they are still saying that they can't give me this information. It's infuriating! I have asked to speak with a manager, but after 20 minutes of waiting on hold, somebody on the other end timed out the phone call.

My insurance company have now said, that they aware of 'issues' with Virgin media around offering proof of phone usage with IMEI, so they are now going to proceed with my claim and make a decision without this information. However, if my claim is denied, Virgin will be to blame. I will never use or recommend Virgin Mobile again on this basis.

0 Kudos
Craigyh74
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you logged on to your mobile account online? As under the Plan and Device tab it give details of the phone along with the IMEI, would this help??

0 Kudos
Craigyh74
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just checked my IMEI on my phone against what VM have put down and it's different (why doesn't this surprise me), so it may not be of any help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leilasprout,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've not been able to obtain proof of Udage within your phone. I'm afraid this information isn't available to us as we track prrof of usage through the number itself and not the IMEI.

I'm really sorry that this isn't the info you wanted. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos