Menu
cmoffat
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

increase in monthly tariff

Just received a letter saying my monthly tariff is increasing by £3 a month from £11 to £14.

When I called Virgin to ask about this I was basically told I could leave if I wasn't happy.

This is an increase of 27% which is outrageous but virgin said its happening to all virgin mobile customers.

Time to go elsewhere I think

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: increase in monthly tariff

Hi Cmoffat,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with the charges. We're commited to providing our customers the products and services possible and the increase allows us to do this.

We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer Smiley Sad

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
titchell
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had the letter notifying me of the planned increase to my VIP Sim Only Tariff which will increase by £3 a month.  Not a lot, but when compared to the £17 PCM I am currently paying that equates to 17.6% hardly in line with RPI??

Went to the Hanover Street shop in Edinburgh to discuss and after being ignored for some 10 minutes, was told that the increase was in line with RPI increase and offered the phone to call customer services. Could have done that from the house but thought talking to a Virgin rep directly would be more helpful.............NOT!!

But from your response I take it that Virgins stance on this is "like it or move supplier"?

0 Kudos
Johnnybegood
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the same boat as others on here who have been hit with the £3 per month increase on top of the £1.50 increase last July, my tariff over 2 years has increased over 50%. Dont get me wrong its still a very competitive price but having been witth Virgin mobile for the past 7 plus years i feel their pricing is now getging to a point where others now offer a better overall package. As virgin customers we have no 4g, no wifi hotspots, no free roaming, when others have offered these for a couple of years, but at the current prices we accept these short comings. Now however we are being asked to pay the kind of monthly fees that gives you the 4g and free roaming. Sorry virgin but yoyr biggest selling point 'keen pricing' is being eroded away, and only recently found out that friends using other providers also get the abilty to cap their spend, tether and have true unlimited data unlime the hidden 3.5gb cap on the virbin unlimited data tariffs, so by switching to a tariff offering 4gb of data at least i know i will not ve slowed down and will get the full 4g data speed on all of tbe 4gb of data.

Time to look elsewhere if not just on pricing but principal, this increase is no where near the 1.6% rpi increase virgin are quoting, its the loyal customers who are on the older tariffs who are being stung, whilst new customers get the rpi increase, its a disgrace.

mutt08
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Time to look elsewhere if not just on pricing but principal, this increase is no where near the 1.6% rpi increase virgin are quoting, its the loyal customers who are on the older tariffs who are being stung, whilst new customers get the rpi increase, its a disgrace.

Totally agree with all the comments above, vote with your feet & take advantage of the cheaper deals out there.

I cancelled with VM & did a quick comparison through Uswitch & found a Uswitch exclusive deal that gave me a better package for less money.

Meteorological
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM are not interested in the customers  anymore, as a family we have all VM services, but due to the arrogant uncompetitive pricing, the desire of management to extract as much cash from each punter as possible out of 3 phones in the family its now down to 1, and that's on a dirt cheap tariff, that will go in May 2017.

Virgin Mobile don't care anymore, vote with your feet folks, its the only way.