Menu
tgbbysl
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

incorrect roaming charges

first time in my life got a virgin bill charged £77 full of incorrect roaming charged from 3 numbers "00447958879890" , "23456" , "39789" . my husband been to abroad for couple of weeks and seems he has got so many messages from 0795887980. charges started with  a penny then 25p then £1 per message that he never used. customer service kept saying these charges are correct and asked them to put this number on the internet and this virgin community form will come up then customer service put me on hold to ask their manager. after holding on the phone 41 mins I was send financial ombudsman email address. I am really upset how virgin customer service handle the issues and when I ask that what u gonna do for your loyal customer as I'm not happy and I will leave the virgin defo. customer service hung up on me. many thanks virgin mobile!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: incorrect roaming charges

Virgin Mobile roaming charges in the EU changed on the 5th June, and are now 'Roam Like Home'.

This means that any text, calls and data usage is charged the same as you would be in the UK - either within an allowance or outside of it.

See here for details http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/data-roaming-abroad.html

But there is a fair usage policy in that you have to spend more time in the UK than in the EU within a rolling 4 month period - this is because Virgin Mobile are a UK network. If you spend more abroad in the 4 month period, you break the fair usage policy and may have additional costs.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

23456 is the number to text for a data pass when roaming so that sounds ok if the phone used web overseas. 

00447958879890 I think is the Virgin roaming text service, the number texts you send go via

calling in on 789 is the only way to get any resolution if you can get anyone who understands, the charges may be correct, without looking at you bill no one can say for sure.

0 Kudos
tgbbysl
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,many thanks for your respond. I have already tried 4 times to sort it out no luck im afraid. Virgin mobile welcoming message shouldn't be charged to its customer. Most of the messages saying you are in xxxx country then couple more messages from virgin so I'm not happy customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tgbbysl,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced problems when calling in to report an issue with roaming charges on your bill.

Checking this, I can see that you have spoken to us again after your last post. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let us know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
tgbbysl
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ya, God knows how many times I rang to follow up for this issue. No respond what so ever. Will seriously thinking to change virgin mobile.

Many thanks for asking
0 Kudos
Tanya160516
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Looks like I have sent over a hundred of text messages to this number in the last month 00447958879890

The charge is £0.15 per text. This must be a mistake. I am in Spain for over 6 months now and this never happend before....Please help. I can not get hold of the help team via phone Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Mobile roaming charges in the EU changed on the 5th June, and are now 'Roam Like Home'.

This means that any text, calls and data usage is charged the same as you would be in the UK - either within an allowance or outside of it.

See here for details http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/data-roaming-abroad.html

But there is a fair usage policy in that you have to spend more time in the UK than in the EU within a rolling 4 month period - this is because Virgin Mobile are a UK network. If you spend more abroad in the 4 month period, you break the fair usage policy and may have additional costs.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own