Menu
mlone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

incompetent call centre staff

Had an issue with the bill for one of 4 mobiles numbers I have.

Unable to view the account as not set up properly by virgin after a supposed upgrade last year to save money but had an extra £13 added to the bill as they had reduced data package without telling me!

Spoke to an idiot in an indian call centre who seemed unable to comprehend what needed to be done. asked to speak to a supervisor eventually told would happen, put on hold for 5 minutes then cut off. Rang back again and threatened to leave. They agreed to remove the excess money. They told me account was in my wife's name even though I am looking at a screen which clearly says my name and the emails are sent to my email address. The result was they cancelled this account put the number on a PAYG and told me to ring back Thursday to get transferred to my name. Incidently when transferred to their sales team told by a woman with a heavy indian accent that the cheapest deal with 2 gig of data was £5 a mth more than I had been paying. 

So basically after having been a customer of VM (and its previous entities) for over 20 years and spending close on £3000 per year they could not give a hoot about loyal customers. Now if I was anew customer I would get the world thrown at me!!!

The sooner VM wake up to the fact that their offshore call centres cannot provide a satisfactory service for UK customers the better!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: incompetent call centre staff

Hi mlone,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post your recent experience. I can only apologise for the poor customer service you've received. I completely understand the frustration you must be feeling.

Can I ask what was the outcome of the call in the end?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
mlone
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another hour and a half on the phone on Thursday speaking to three different people in offshore call centres ended up with a worse deal as one of the Tuesday offshore lot had put number on payg so had to sign up to worse deal to get number back. Eventually got through to someone at Teesside call centre who gave me £18 rebate but after three months taking into account the rebate I will be £5 a month worse off.

So after 20 years with Virgin / Telewest using all services landline broadband tv Inc sky sports and all movie channels 4 mobile numbers paying Virgin group in the region of £3k per year they treat me like crap whilst trying to entice new customers.

One of the golden rules of business is whilst it is good to get new customers in the front door be careful you don't lose long standing customers out the back door!!!

What does that mean? Look after loyal customers and don't mess them around.

Will this post make any difference viRgin, I suspect not.

Think it is time I started looking around for a supplier who will value my business.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer Mlone Smiley Sad

I'm afraid we don't deal with contract offers via the forum as this doesn't come under our department. 

What deal in particular are you looking for? Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mlone
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The previous sim deal I had 2GB of data and 250 mins for £7 per mth  would be fine but it seems your offshore call centres can remove but not return

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to PM me your full name, mobile number and 3 characters of your password mlone?

I'll see if this is available for me to offer.

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos