Menu
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

incall volume at callers end gone quiet

Got a zte kis max 3 -6 weeks ago with my rewards.this is my work phone so is extremely important to me.about 3 days ago I think the microphone has gone. No one can hear a word I say yet I can hear them fine.I have tried all the troubleshooters I can find.what can I do .I need phone for work I can't send it to be repaired
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: incall volume at callers end gone quiet

Hi, just a quick update, the relevant statute is Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, as amended not the Sale of Goods Act. This is because the handset was obtained through loyalty awards rather than paid for directly.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gillian1976,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your phone may have become faulty. Totally understand your frustration with having to get this repaired.

To get your phone fixed your going to need to send it in for repair. When you make arrangements to send the phone in we advise you to keep your SIM with you. As you mentioned you need your phone for work so you can use this SIM in another phone if you have one handy. This phone would need to be unlocked or able to use our network.

I would recommend giving us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 so our Mobile team can take a look at this for you.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry like but after I got this because my other phone broke I'm not interested in sending it away.its a month old I want it replaced on the spot not repaired.I'm not sending it away or buying another phone to put sim in
I spend a fortune with Virgin where's a bit of loyalty back.and judging by the amount of complaints on forums I'm not the only one with issues
0 Kudos
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can't ring them I have been hung up on about 20 times they can't hear me
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gillian1976,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand your frustration but unfortunately we do not have an option to replace your device on the spot. You could go into a virgin shop if you have one near by as they may be able to offer some options.

As I mentioned previously you would need to call us  on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from your mobile or an alternative line.

Many thanks

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

gillian1976 wrote:
....this is my work phone so is extremely important to me...

It's a shame you said that.

For consumers, Virgin are simply not allowed to renege on repair/replacement for handsets that are less than six months old. The relevant statute is here. If you hadn't said on a public forum that you are a business customer, you might have been able to dishonestly exercise your consumer rights to demand a replacement or cancel your contract outright.

0 Kudos
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I haven't said its a business account or I'm a business customer what I said was I need my phone for work and I am losing shifts at work. Each time I go to work I need to ring in and I can't do it like this its the forum leader that has obviously assumed I had my own business and it was a business acount its a pay as you go phone that I use every day
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

gillian1976 wrote:
....this is my work phone ...

makes it sound like it's for business. You'll need to bear that in mind when you talk to Virgin or a county court (if you end up taking the small claims track) so that your grievance is not dismissed.

Anyway, regarding the thread it doesn't matter - I already provided the link to the statute which tells you Virgin must replace your handset, if you're a consumer.

0 Kudos
gillian1976
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank u lol xxx
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, just a quick update, the relevant statute is Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, as amended not the Sale of Goods Act. This is because the handset was obtained through loyalty awards rather than paid for directly.

0 Kudos