Menu
Animal76
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if I text STOPALL TO 80556 will I be charged? I also got charged £5 for a text I recieved

thanks

0 Kudos
Animal76
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: if I text STOPALL TO 80556 will I be charged? I also got charged £5 for a text I recieved

if I text STOPALL TO 80556 will I be charged? I also got charged £5 for a text I recieved
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: if I text STOPALL TO 80556 will I be charged? I also got charged £5 for a text I recieved

Hi Animal76,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been charged for a premium text. Texting STOP or STOP ALL should be charged at standard network rate.

Let me know how you get on with this. I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

righty then..i have had 6 texts off this number and now have a 30 pound bill from virgin for a service I haven't used,,my phone woke me up at 2.30 am with 6 texts saying they were receipts then followed by a bill for the 30 quid,,,how can this be done?? I have spoken to a few foreign call center people who were not much help saying its 3rd party we cant do anything about it you will be charged and gave me a number for the so called 3rd party which was an answer phone,i left a message and someone got in touch saying its not us its someone else and gave me there number and email address and yep same again,,i keep getting passed on to different people,,,our household pays over a 1200 pounds a year on virgin services including 2 mobiles, television, broadband and phone,and I am now considering cancelling everything,i cannot justify paying for something I have not done,,,,right virgin,,,,down to you !!!!

0 Kudos
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

24 hours and no reply from a virgin team.member.?? So I guess u dont want my £ 1200 pounds a year then ???
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cutter256,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We work on the posts in date order. Frequently posting on the thread may lead to a delayed response. So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM. You can view this by clicking on the envelope in the top left hand corner.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

all sent thanks

0 Kudos
cutter256
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

utter waste of time....£30 down and there is nothing i can do about it.a dozen phone calls.virtually all answer phones...over 20 emails..no joy whatsoever..looks like i have been well shafted...danielle at virgin says it might be my fault for downloading a dodgy app...i havent downloaded any apps for over 3 months....i have already been in touch wiith sky to see if they can do me a cheaper better bundle...and looks like i am going back to orange once my phone contract is up...all for the sake of being charged a stupid £30.....virgin was quick enough to take the money from my account....very very dissapointed.................

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cutter256,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm sorry that we couldn't help more with the premium numbers. We can only advise how to stop the Premium texts and not re-imburse you for these.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
travelman
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Stop all must put in to 80556 the text cost 10 p to send it should sign you out.
Second to do is search for( phone pay plus) put the text number you are received and it will tell you who they are.
This company will help you to stop them
Good luck I have done it.
If all fails cancel number and get get new one.
0 Kudos