Menu
Mark691
Joining in
Message 81 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Same as everyone else - previously had a Virginmedia Sim in my iPhone, got "shiny new purple sim" recently and now get sim not supported when I put it in. Please "unlock".
0 Kudos
Imagejack
Joining in
Message 82 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I too have fitted the new sim in my iPhone 7 and have lost all services and cannot use my old sim either! The help line said it's because I didn't buy the phone from Virgin. I told them I am on a sim only contract with Virgin so can use any phone I choose! Was told I will get a new sim in 7 to 10 days!!

I'm requesting my PAC code and getting out!!

0 Kudos
Adamchinese
Joining in
Message 83 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Thanks vm. Not. Now you have cut my old sim. No phone no explanation. This is a disgrace and I hope everyone has the sense to boycott vm after this pathetic performance.
0 Kudos
Imagejack
Joining in
Message 84 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I bought my phone independently and have used a Virgin sim only sim for years, now by fitting the new Virgin sim Virgin have locked my phone. Is this legal? I think Virgin has overstepped the mark with this dirty trick! I’m definitely leaving Virgin now as I’ve had enough of them.
The trouble is I’ve got to get MY phone unlocked now!
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 85 of 124
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:
I bought my phone independently and have used a Virgin sim only sim for years, now by fitting the new Virgin sim Virgin have locked my phone. Is this legal? I think Virgin has overstepped the mark with this dirty trick! I’m definitely leaving Virgin now as I’ve had enough of them.
The trouble is I’ve got to get MY phone unlocked now!

Whilst I cannot condone the way Virgin has done this I do wish iPhone owners would get it into their head that Virgin did not lock their phones, it was Apple's firmware that locked it to the first SIM inserted.  This was Apple's polic​y almost from the start and only ended in July 2017. 
Apple did two types of phone. Unlocked available direct from Apple and SIM Free from elsewhere. It is the SIM Free variety which lock and the one most people have.

0 Kudos
Mick16
Tuning in
Message 86 of 124
Flag for a moderator

It's not just iPhones, my wife has a Sony and that's locked, and it is Virgins fault, no one else's.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 87 of 124
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:

It's not just iPhones, my wife has a Sony and that's locked, and it is Virgins fault, no one else's.

Then either the phone was locked before hand or there is another problem. No network can lock an Android remotely or via a SIM card. I've developed for Android and was a Google Beta Tester so I know the system back to front.

0 Kudos
Mick16
Tuning in
Message 88 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Sorry your wrong, it was unlocked by EE, she had a virgin sim in for over a year no problems, soon as she got this new sim it locked it,this has been three weeks now.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 89 of 124
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:

Sorry your wrong, it was unlocked by EE, she had a virgin sim in for over a year no problems, soon as she got this new sim it locked it,this has been three weeks now.

Did you get an unlock code from EE?

Did you put in another network SIM which was not EE based. i.e. Vodafone, O2 etc?

Then did you put in the unlock code when asked?

If you did the above but used a EE based SIM like Virgin there is a very high chance the phone did not unlock

The phone would not have had to be unlocked to work with Virgin, so you wouldn't know if it was locked or not.

0 Kudos
Mick16
Tuning in
Message 90 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Was originally with EE and got unlock code from EE, put unlocked code in when asked, used Sony Xperia mobile for over a year with virgin SIM, was sent a new SIM 8th January and mobile has been locked since then.

0 Kudos