Menu
oliviaharrison9
Settling in
Message 71 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Catherine Harrison

Sent the new purple sim yesterday, tried to update my phone and reset al the settings but still says sim not supported! PLEASE HELP
KGibbs
Joining in
Message 72 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same issue with Iphone 6, after trying to upgrade my Virgin sim from red to purple.

Old sim card is now not working at all, can't receive or make any calls or texts. And new sim keeps saying it's not supported whenever I try it. 

Please help unlock my phone. It would be nice to use one of the sim cards I'm currently paying for. 

Tracey221
Tuning in
Message 73 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing this is also the issue I'm having iphone 6 and a very upset teenager to contend with, absolute disgrace

Mick16
Tuning in
Message 74 of 124
Flag for a moderator

It's disgusting, you phone the call centre up and they fob you off and tell you a pack of lies. 

dijualex
Tuning in
Message 75 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 6 plus unlock request

Bought an Iphone 6plus outright which was unlocked to any metwork. Using over 3years with virgin mobile as a pay monthly customer. since then no problems and was easily able to swap to any sims while i travel to different countries.

Couple of weeks back  I received a new sim from virgin mobile and it doesn't work, saying sim not supported.Contacted Virgin mobile and they said  its locked to EE network. How can EE lock my device when i have never been their customer that too without my consent. its strange what network people can do to your phones remotely without even the customers knowing whats happening. so its a breach of contract, for which, whoever done this should be taken to court.

Anyway back to my story, virgin customer care first said 3 working days, then said 5 working days, then said 10 working days. now its over two weeks and nothing has been done.

contacted EE directly and gave them the IMEI number and checked it and said that it is been locked by EE. They said they will unlock for me if i pay £ 8.99. I said i am ready to pay and when i said I am with virgin mobile they refused to unlock and told me it was locked by virgin mobile and only they can unlock it.

Sill waiting it to get unlocked. I think its something going on between virgin mobile and EE and customers like us shouldn't be put in this trouble.

I tried my phone with EE sim and it works fine. So definitely its locked to EE network. Now i have been asked by virgin mobile to wait another 3 working days.

0 Kudos
Kainat1111
Joining in
Message 76 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I used to have the red sim now my iPhone is saying that I need to unlock my phone
Curlywurly1
Tuning in
Message 77 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Day 31 waiting for unlock code. Rang virgin yet again, after saying all along code would be emailed, they then say a new request needs to be made and texted to a different number - and to wait another 5 working days!!!  Totally exasperating - decided to pay to get EE to unlock - phoned them and they said it was already unlocked. Didn't believe them, but tried SIM again and it works!!! NO idea how as it wasn't supported before and I've not had an unlock code. But give it a try!!!

0 Kudos
Adamchinese
Joining in
Message 78 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I put my new sim in today and have been without a phone since
0 Kudos
Adamchinese
Joining in
Message 79 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Fao vm. Against the advice of your utterly stupid adviser I have put my old sim back in my phone and it works. DO NOT CANCEL IT. I need my phone so until you have sorted your mess out, keep me out of it.
0 Kudos
Adamchinese
Joining in
Message 80 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Now I cannot receive calls with old chip but can call out?
0 Kudos