Menu
Shileag2017
Joining in
Message 41 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

Ok so what happens when you are on a Sim only deal, replace one virgin sim with the new one and now the new one is not supported?

I have an unlocked iphone 6s. Obviously I know its unlocked due to having virgin sim in it before, now I have a sim that does not work and the old sim has no service \o/

0 Kudos
Shileag2017
Joining in
Message 42 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Right just read the previous posts...great just great forecast of two weeks without a phone to say I’m going to go nuts when I call them tonight is an understatement.  useless iPhones never help neither!

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 43 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Shileag2017 wrote:

Ok so what happens when you are on a Sim only deal, replace one virgin sim with the new one and now the new one is not supported?

I have an unlocked iphone 6s. Obviously I know its unlocked due to having virgin sim in it before, now I have a sim that does not work and the old sim has no service \o/

Probably not unlocked unless it was bought direct from Apple. iPhone firmware locks the phone to the first SIM inserted. In the case of the original Virgin SIM this was EE. The new SIM's are not EE and the phone needs an unlock.

Apple only did away with this practice on new phones issued after July last year.

0 Kudos
Curlywurly1
Tuning in
Message 44 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain, this is farcical. To cut a long story short. Same problem, had a SIM only deal with Virgin, then changed to monthly contract – with Virgin – but am locked to EE! So I need an unlock code ☹. This was requested on 9 January. Originally I was told it would take 3 - 5 working days (by three different people). I didn’t receive it, so contacted Virgin again and was told I had been ‘misinformed’ and it could actually take 10 working days. After 10 working days, I contacted Virgin again and told it could be another ‘few hours, or few days’. I’ve still not received it, so tweeted Virgin last night and was told ‘unlock codes can take 30 days’. This is totally unacceptable! I’ve wasted hours of my life trying to get this sorted – it should have been a seamless switch from one Virgin contract to another. Not good enough Virgin

0 Kudos
bikerbabe47
Joining in
Message 45 of 124
Flag for a moderator

i have the same problem am so close to leaving !!

Curlywurly1
Tuning in
Message 46 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Me too, but unfortunately I would still need the unlock code before I could use another provider anyway! I've tried phoning again this afternoon and was told to try a factory reset - why would I want to do that and lose everything in my phone?? I just need the unlock code!! I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, was put on hold for 26 mins and then was cut off. Angry does not begin to describe it
0 Kudos
Raymondevans
Joining in
Message 47 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Iphone unlock request

Upgraded my contract, fitted new sim, letter states 10 minutes to activate. 36 hours and still no service . 

Not a happy bunny.

VMJAYNE
Joining in
Message 48 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Unsupported SIm

HI - I have inserted the new sim to a previously unloced iphone 5 - i have read you need to get an unlock code, but where do you get this from and how do you do it?

Help - had no phone for weeks now.  

Thanks.

ZENMASTER
Tuning in
Message 49 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I need a unlock please

Hotspur
Tuning in
Message 50 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I waited 16 days and many phone calls in the end I phone EE customer service paid the £8.99p unlocking fee and was unlocked within 24 hours it’s called customer service something that Virgin does not have
0 Kudos