Menu
Hotspur
Tuning in
Message 31 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

I have waited 10 days now please unlock me NOW! I phone 5s used virgin sim only for 3 years no problem new sim not supported this is shocking situation YOU have put your customers in 

D-Pem
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Well I received my shiny new sim Thur 11/01/18, put it in iPhone and it came up with the same message I'm assuming everyone else has got:
IMG_3024.PNG
Putting this new sim in disabled my old red VM sim - that had been working in the phone for the past 4 years, without any problems. 
As the sim could take up to 3 days to activate I waited until the Monday before coming across this thread in the community, requested the unlock, gave my details etc, they were then sent off to EE;
We are now on Mon 22/01/18, and still I have the same message on my phone screen. I am STILL locked out of my phone 11 days after putting the new purple sim in it. 
How long has everyone else on this feed had to wait for their unlocked phones to be re-unlocked?
We are on day 11 now without anything happening, that's a few days shy of half of the month that I am paying for without any use of my phone due to the 'new shiny purple sim' locking me out!?
#shambles.

0 Kudos
gweno
Tuning in
Message 33 of 119
Flag for a moderator

I'm one day behind you D-Pem - changed my sim on 12 Jan and was told 5 working days, have kept complaining that this issue (caused BY VM's sim) has not been expedited (VM should pay EE to handle these requests quicker) or compensated but that bit of my communication just gets ignored.  Now I've been told it is 10 WORKING DAYS (EE are apparently V busy - go figure!) - so the weekends don't count!!!!!!!  By their reckoning it could take 'till the end of this week - but I'm cynical that it will be working even then and then what happens???

kellie75
Tuning in
Message 34 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

You are not alone!!  I have exactly the same issue as you.

I first contacted VM on 10th January, gave them my IMEI number etc and was told it would take 5 days to unlock!  Numerous phone calls later I was told 7 days and now 10 days.  The 10 days is up tomorrow but I have absolutely no faith that the phone will be unlocked and usable.

I am at my wits end.

If you get a satisfactory outcome to this please let me know!!

Kellie 

0 Kudos
caledonian_1
Tuning in
Message 35 of 119
Flag for a moderator

I have moved from one SIMO plan to another SIMO plan and get the sim not supported message. My phone was bought from Apple and has never been locked to a network. I have been into a virgin store and got no help, Inhave been onto the phone to virgin and got no help, please someone help
Graham601
Tuning in
Message 36 of 119
Flag for a moderator

I've been waiting now for 8 working days on my phone to be unlocked  and still no Joy, really disappointed with Virgin Media.

My Wife and Son also change contracts and got new purple sim's, my son changed his in his sony phone with no problems, my wife won't activate her new sim until se see what happens with mine, we both have iPhone5, but it looks like she will cancel her contract.

0 Kudos
Monnie71
Joining in
Message 37 of 119
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6s unlock request

I need a code to unlock the I phone I purchased from a store and was not informed that it would lock to the sim that was inserted into the I phone. 

Iam still with Virgin but need to pass this phone to my son as his phone has been damaged. 

Need this sorted ASAP as only way my son can contact me if needed.

Thank you in advance

louiseag
Joining in
Message 38 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please can you unlock my iPhone ASAP. 

Louise Goodall iPhone SE 

Shahbaaz123
Joining in
Message 39 of 119
Flag for a moderator

I inserted my new sim and it says sim not supported, apparently I need to unlock my phone but I’ve been using a Virginmedia sim in this phone for months and I’m being told it’s going to take a week! Now I can’t use my old sim as its getting no signal and the new sim isn’t supported! Frustrating to say the least as I can’t recieve/make calls and text!
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 119
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Please can we stop reposting on this thread.

This post has been put in place to help with iPhone unlocks that meet the criteria at the top off this thread. If you continue to post on this thread it can potentially delay us dealing with new requests. Those who have already requested an unlock with us here we are currently in contact with you via PM. If you have spoken with the mobile team directly then please do not request another unlock on this thread.

Any posts which are not a request will be removed.

Kind regards

Community Moderator

0 Kudos