Menu
Curlywurly1
Tuning in
Message 91 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone unlock request

@enlli The point is that a virgin SIM card locked me to EE! Virgin never told me this, so when I tried to swap from one virgin SIM card to another (a straightforward process you would have thought), I needed to get an unlock code. Add to that the total incompetence of virgin's customer service advisers - telling you something different every time you phone and a 31 day wait to get unlocked - it's not surprising they have a lot of unhappy customers
0 Kudos
W-Ross
Joining in
Message 92 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sent me a new SIM in December. My IPhone will not accept the new sim as although I bought it unlocked, it was locked to the previous Virgin SIM (which was an EE SIM as Virgin used their network). I phoned Virgin on 9th January to request they unlock the phone. I was told it would take between 3- 5 working days. As the phone was not unlocked after a week, I was then told it would take 7 - 10 days. Here we are 32 days later and the phone is still not unlocked. Due to the length of time the unlocking was taking I was sent a cheap Android phone to keep me connected. Today, I was told that Virgin could not unlock the phone and I needed to go to Apple. Plus, as a solution I would be sent an Android phone ...another one!! Spoke to Apple who were so helpful, told me they do not lock or unlock phones. It is down to the phone carrier ... i.e. Virgin. Sadly, Virgin are washing their hands of the problem and have now told me they cannot unlock the phone. They issue unlock codes all day, why can they not unlock my phone? Their complaints procedure says you can speak to a manager but I have been refused this 3 times. Despicable customer service!

0 Kudos
wodsy69
Tuning in
Message 93 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I have had two lengthy conversations with Virgin helpdesk tonight....... :-(

Like others, we received the Shiny Sim for our daughters phone - it was despatched towards the end of January, despite Virgin knowing there was a problem with it locking iphones.... I found out there were technical problems from the first helpdesk call.  So why not contact customers to ask them to get an Unlock code before installing the SIM - it would save a lot of hassle from customers and they know who has or hasn't upgraded to be able to contact them!

I have had a whole range of days that it might take, 2/3 but up to 10 working days as it has to come from Apple - please can someone explain this to me?

I now understand thanks to the second helpdesk call I made that it is because of the move from EE (phone would have been locked to that as Virgin used to use them and was therefore the first SIM to go in there) to Virgin's own network - why don't you just explain that to us as customers!

The second helpdesk call said that I would be able to connect the phone via ITunes and a message would come up to the able to unlock it - I have tried all ways and can find nothing - if anyone has these magical instructions please do share them with me.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the unlock code to come through - my daughter is now without a phone over half term, but I can call back once it is all sorted and we can then discuss a discount on the monthly charge - that's great of you Virgin Media

I do find their Customer service centre incredibly difficult to talk to and quite unhelpful - for a Communications company, not great is it!

0 Kudos
jamesdoubtfire
Joining in
Message 94 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Not supporting even after being told it will take 24hrs and being hung up on TWICE!

iPhone6 new sim.

jamesdoubtfire
Joining in
Message 95 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Just a ridiculous way to behave from a company like Virgin. Customer service is none existent. 

andyverney
Joining in
Message 96 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Please help me unlock my iPhone 5s

Howfeness
Tuning in
Message 97 of 124
Flag for a moderator

I have inserted the new SIM card you asked me to use and it says not supported. I now cannot use my ok sim to make calls ir texts. Can you resolve this please ASAP . Will I get a refund for the time I cannot use my phone please
wodsy69
Tuning in
Message 98 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Is it an iPhone? You will need to phone Virgin and they will request an Unlock code from Apple.

It's a known issue but they haven't bothered telling customers about it before they put the SIM in and lock their phone!

Can take up to 10 working days!!
0 Kudos
dannyorrell2018
Joining in
Message 99 of 124
Flag for a moderator

hi i would like to request an unlock i havent been able to use my phone for a week and a half
andrewd1
Joining in
Message 100 of 124
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I need to unlock my iPhone 6 Plus please. It's locked to ee.

Please contact me for phone number and IMEI number.