Menu
hughhp
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

iPhone and voicemail problems

I have an iphone and have just switched to Virgin mobile. My mailbox seems set up OK - I can access it no probs, BUT no one can leave me messages. If people call me and I'm not available, it just rings and then stops.

Anyone got any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: iPhone and voicemail problems

I had the same problem when I switched my iPhone to Virgin Mobile. Customer Services were unable to resolve, despite numerous calls. In the end I found the solution in this link:  http://www.fryfilm.com/infopages/iphonecodes.htm

Peanutbuttercup
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm only posting all this detail in case anyones haveing the hassle I did whn I found this posting. The link was fab but it took me some time to understand it as I was totally inexperinced in using the dial pad for this purpose lol!The link is what helped me. first dial 222 to set up voicemial with virgin and it'll send a text back saying store this number +44004etc.
The virgin code is not 212. its 4004. so to set up voicemail on iphone with virgin for dunces like me you go to your phone dialling keypad and type in these series of symbols and numbers and then press call. once you've pressed call it comes up with a screen message which says successful or failed.
To set up voicemail then on your keypad dial
**61*+44004mobile number# (mobile number is without first 0). to get the + on the dial pad you have to long hold the 0. dont forget hash # at the end of the sequence then press call. The mistakes I made were not putting in all the 00 on +44004 and also not putting the hash at the end. Once I'd done it right it was fine. Then when you get a voicemail, if you press the symbol and word vociemail which is along the bottom menu bar on yuor iphone e.g. favourites, recvents etc, then you keep getting a text back from virgin every time yuo pick up your message sayi8ng your voivmail is updated. To avoid keep getting that text then store voicemail number in your contacts and dial that rather than dialling 1 for voicemail or pressing hte voivemail symbol and I've found it stops me getting a text. Not that I'm bothered about the texts. Store the voicemail number as +44004your mob number without first 0 in contacts and pick up your messages by using the contacts number. I'm sure and really hope this wil help someone as it drove me a bit mad !

All Replies
nikkyb123
Superfast
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Try and dial 222 to set up the Voicemail from scratch.

If this doesnt work, then you'll need to call customer services to reset the diverts.

Hope this helps

I work for Virgin - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
McQueen
Dialled in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same problem when I switched my iPhone to Virgin Mobile. Customer Services were unable to resolve, despite numerous calls. In the end I found the solution in this link:  http://www.fryfilm.com/infopages/iphonecodes.htm

hughhp
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant! Thanks for that link - found just what I needed. Voicemail now working properly. Thanks, Hugh
0 Kudos
Peanutbuttercup
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm only posting all this detail in case anyones haveing the hassle I did whn I found this posting. The link was fab but it took me some time to understand it as I was totally inexperinced in using the dial pad for this purpose lol!The link is what helped me. first dial 222 to set up voicemial with virgin and it'll send a text back saying store this number +44004etc.
The virgin code is not 212. its 4004. so to set up voicemail on iphone with virgin for dunces like me you go to your phone dialling keypad and type in these series of symbols and numbers and then press call. once you've pressed call it comes up with a screen message which says successful or failed.
To set up voicemail then on your keypad dial
**61*+44004mobile number# (mobile number is without first 0). to get the + on the dial pad you have to long hold the 0. dont forget hash # at the end of the sequence then press call. The mistakes I made were not putting in all the 00 on +44004 and also not putting the hash at the end. Once I'd done it right it was fine. Then when you get a voicemail, if you press the symbol and word vociemail which is along the bottom menu bar on yuor iphone e.g. favourites, recvents etc, then you keep getting a text back from virgin every time yuo pick up your message sayi8ng your voivmail is updated. To avoid keep getting that text then store voicemail number in your contacts and dial that rather than dialling 1 for voicemail or pressing hte voivemail symbol and I've found it stops me getting a text. Not that I'm bothered about the texts. Store the voicemail number as +44004your mob number without first 0 in contacts and pick up your messages by using the contacts number. I'm sure and really hope this wil help someone as it drove me a bit mad !
Forum Team (Retired) Krystal_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peanutbuttercup,

Thanks for giving some general advice on the forums. Just one thing I'd like to clarify - not all voicemail numbers will start with +44004 - the 004 refers to one mailbox - there are several of these numbers for different mailboxes.

To find out yours, you'd only need to dial *#67#. Also, if you've got roaming active this will change the voicemail number to one that isn't your own mobile - so it can be used when you're abroad.

Many thanks.

Krystal Evans
Mobile Help & Support Forum Team

jackdaw28
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. I would also recommend repeating the step expalined by Peanutbuttercup with the 62 and 67 options for unreachable and busy, otherwise voicemail will only kick in when the phone rings and is unanswered.

To program the 1 and voicemail symbol on the keypad, type this on the keypad:

*5005*86*+country code-area code-phone number#

e.g. *5005*86*+447777111111# where your mobile number is 07777111111

You will no longer get the annoying message about your voicemail being set up when you use the shortcut on the keypad.

quadpod
Just joined
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Peanutbuttercup,
Had same problems with my iPhone after switching to Virgin sim but thanks to your message had it sorted within 5 mins!
Many thanks once again (and a kudo star!)
0 Kudos
atoll
Settling in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Top top advice thank you so much. Have had no voicemail for weeks now having transferred an old unlocked orange iphone over. No joy with Virgin today (""can you call back after 3pm as we are having technical problems"!)

Tried your number and it worked first time. Given you a kudos star.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi atoll,

I'm sorry we couldn't help with it, but i am glad you found great help form the community and it is all fixed for you Smiley Happy

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos