Menu
Ktdd18
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 7plus

Has anyone had confirmation of delivery on the iPhone 7plus?  I preordered on release date and up until 8.30 last night customer services still couldn't tell me if I am going to receive the phone today. Apparently they had received an email at 3.20 yesterday afternoon to say 160 Virgin customers were being contacted to be told that they wouldn't receive their phones due to short supply. I haven't had that email but neither have I had anything to say it will be delivered. 

Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat?

0 Kudos
stevebowdler
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 7plus

Hi, I am in exactly same position, have heard absolutely nothing since ordering last Friday and after learning Virgin is 3G only with vague promises of 4G and no tethering allowed I wish I had chosen to stay with EE.
Nowhere I could find on Virgin Mobile website mentioned that the network provided by EE was 3G only for personal users and that Tethering was not allowed, I found this out through forums.
If my phone is now delayed I would like to cancel.
0 Kudos
Ktdd18
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, I've just been on to customer services and then sales who have said that they've always known that my 7plus wouldn't be delivered until 12th October. I wasn't aware that you couldn't tether or that it was 3G only either. I think I will cancel now. I'm livid that they still told me that delivery would be today even though they knew it wouldn't be. I've booked a days holiday for this!!
0 Kudos
stevebowdler
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, have also spoke to customer services, given delivery date of 13/10/16, said I was unhappy with this, No 4G and no tethering and asked to cancel including credit account.
Was told todays deliveries were only Iphone 7 and not Plus model.
Have just had confirmation email of
cancellation.
So back to surfing for a new deal !
0 Kudos
Ktdd18
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just been told that I can't cancel. I will have to reject the delivery of the phone. I warned them that if it was sent out I would not send it back but nor would I pay for it. Apparently mine is a "special order" but now I know you have cancelled I will try again. 

0 Kudos