Menu
t4528js
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6 voicemail notification

Not receiving voicemail notifications without WI-FI or data turned on. My notification settings are turned on. I'm assuming this is the only way to receive a notification? I don't leave these on all the time. Other than having these on all the time or calling voicemail from time to time, is there another way of getting notifications? I've never had to have these on when using other phones or carriers.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 6 voicemail notification

There is no need to have wifi or data turned on for VM - have you called 789 and sked them to resolve his for you? its a simple issue for them
0 Kudos
t4528js
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have contacted them and we did a service update. It did not correct the problem and I need to contact them again. As soon as it is resolved I will post what they did to correct it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update regarding this t4528js Smiley Happy

Be sure to keep me up to date with any progress.

I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
t4528js
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, here's the long and short of it. Spent another hour on the phone with VM customer support trying to rectify this. They exhausted all their resources and sent me to Apple. I just had an hour chat with them and one of their senior advisors says that voicemail notifications on the iPhone go through visual voicemail. You need either data or Wi-Fi on for visual voicemail to work (we knew that). So, if you miss a call and your data and Wi-Fi are off you need to call your voicemail, or turn your Wi-Fi or data back on to see if you were left a message. I'm going back to the Apple website when I'm done here and complain about this. It shouldn't work this way. You should just get a notification and be able to decide yourself how you want to retrieve your message. Either calling in or using VVM.

0 Kudos