Menu
JBetts97
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 6 no 4G !!!

I have an iPhone 6 and a 4G plan with a new 4G enabled sim and refresh date has passed so I should be getting 4G but I can only get 3G.

Looking around the forums I can see the potential issue maybe something to do with APN settings. I can not access the manual APN settings on iPhone but am running iOS 10.2.1 and carrier Virgin 27.1. I have also recently completely reset factory settings and still no luck.

I previously downloaded the VM WiFi app which came with some configure settings, so if somebody from Virgin Mobile is reading this and can maybe send me new config settings which maybe changes this and enables 4G that would be great. (I'm just guessing that's how this works)

All help is appreciated and I'm looking forward to fast 4G !! Thanks, JBetts97.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 6 no 4G !!!

Hi JBetts97

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your 4G service.

Could I check that you've enabled the 4G mode on your iPhone?

It's under Settings > Mobile Data Options > Voice and Data.

It should have the '4G' or 'LTE' option ticked (your phone could show either of these - they mean the same thing - however as you have the latest Carrier update, I would expect it to show as '4G'.)

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JBetts97
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark thanks for the reply,

I called 789 last week and they fixed it for me. I'm not sure how it was resolved but I'm enjoying 4G speeds now!!

Thanks,
JBetts97
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JBetts97

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

It's great to hear this has been sorted now for you.

It might just be something hadn't activated correctly on the network side of things, but I'm glad it's working now in any case!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos