Menu
Kaity_12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 5s sim not working

Recently bought an iPhone 5s, got my nano sim as my previous one was a micro sim, I have texted the ready to the virgin number and have got the text back from them. Now my old phone says it has no service so I think the old sim has been deactivated but now my iPhone 5s with my new sim won't work?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: iPhone 5s sim not working

Your more than welcome Kaity_12

If its a brand new handset with no sim card then it should be fine. As long as the phone is unlocked which normally they are from carphone warehouse

if the sim doesn't activate within 24 hours then we can have a look at replacing the sim . It could be a faulty sim after all.

Either way we will make sure its sorted for you.

keep us updated

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaity_12

Sorry you have had problems with the sim card activation

Normaly we advise people to wait up to 24 hours for the sim activation to take place

You can speak to the team if you want to check the activation went through okay.

Just to ask aswel. Have you used another network sim card in that Iphone 5s before or is it a brand new one from Virgin

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
Kaity_12
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for getting back to me.

Brand new iPhone 5s from Carphone Warehouse, existing virgin media customer was just changing from micro to nano on a sim only contract. No sim has been in it before. If nothing happens in 24 hours should I just call up the service team?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your more than welcome Kaity_12

If its a brand new handset with no sim card then it should be fine. As long as the phone is unlocked which normally they are from carphone warehouse

if the sim doesn't activate within 24 hours then we can have a look at replacing the sim . It could be a faulty sim after all.

Either way we will make sure its sorted for you.

keep us updated

0 Kudos
Kaity_12
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah brand new unlocked phone. Quite concerned now as it's still saying No Sim at the top and when I try to activate it on the iPhone it just says no sim is there?
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to rule something out. Have you put the SIM in the correct way. I know it maybe a silly question to ask but it can happen ( I have done this before without realising Smiley Tongue )

if you have rebooted the phone and its still not working by tomorrow then you can to your nearest Virgin Media store and they can replace the sim card and activate this for you direct from our system. ( saves you waiting for delivery)

Lets hope it works Smiley Happy

0 Kudos