Menu
MargyC
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 5s can't send or receive email

I can no longer my Virginemail use with my iPhone, Mac and iPad.

It just stopped. I've tried deleting and reinstalling. No joy. Can't get it back so have lost loads! 

It tells me that IMAP server isn't responding. I which I haven't touched in settings and I've entered the correct information. It worked before, and now it won't. 

This is frustrating and inconvenient as it's my business email and I am at the end of my tether. If Virgin don't resolve this they will lose my custom, as it's starting to become a real problem, particularly since they migrated their emails to the new set up, which is unsatisfactory. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 5s can't send or receive email

Hi MargyC,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with your email account. Our team are aware of the problem and they're hard at work to get it all sorted.

Let me know if you have any follow up queries related to this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MargyC
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I do have queries. When is it going to be fixed. This has been going on since Tuesday and it is now Saturday.

I can't respond to emails when I'm on the move which is hugely inconvenient, particularly when you are a freelance and use the Virgin email as your main business address. The emails come in but I can't reply or send new ones because of this IMPA issue.

I had problems once before using Virgin email on Apple devices which wasn't resolved until I got a new iPhone. I gave up asking for help to sort that but it was a similar situation - it just stopped for no apparent reason and even though I asked, nothing fixed it.

Is this likely to be the case again? is your email service incompatible with Apple devices?

I will have to stop using my Virgin email if that is the case. And as I said, the whole inconvenience is making me wonder whether it is worth staying with you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi MargyC,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

This is an issue that our team are hard at work on. We're committed to getting it sorted for you as soon as possible.

It has been raised as a fault with the reference F004027822. Please let me know if you have any follow up queries to this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos