Menu
DJP1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 5c/SIM card issue. Help needed.

I received my iPhone 5c almost 3 weeks ago and there was a problem with the SIM card. I requested a new one, and a week later it arrived. I deactivated my old SIM, waited 24 hours and nothing. I reported the same, and eventually after 2 phone calls a replacement handset was due to be sent to me yesterday. I received an email to state this is now today, when I'm at work.

So, I have no working phone to tell Yodel I won't be in. My order number via Yodel cannot be traced. I cannot use works telephone as all calls are recorded and would be a disciplinary matter. All Virgin's mobile site does is direct me to call. I've tried to log a complaint via the online chat, both in relation to the above and the quite shocking attitude of the person I spoke to in the tech department who only just stopped short of accusing me of lying after a frustrating 45 minute call on my partner's phone, however no agents are available to take my online chat query. I have been refreshing the page every half an hour since 9am. When I ring outside of working hours (I get home after 7pm) I'm often told the relevant department is closed. I tried to arrange a call back, but due to being lost in translation, the person I spoke to thought I was arranging to call them at a specific time, rather than them ringing me from my partner's phone.

So my wait for a working phone goes on. Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
DJP1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 5c/SIM card issue. Help needed.

And to add to the above, I've just checked my bank account and I'm already being charged for my new contract, despite not having a working phone for approaching 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 5c/SIM card issue. Help needed.

Hi DJP1

Sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your handset lately, as your handset is with Yodel, the best advice I could give would be to find a suitable way for you to contact them.

From checking on their website I can see they have an online chat facility too, to get there visit www.myyodel.co.uk,the opening hours are 8am - 10pm, Monday - Friday. 8am - 5pm, Saturday.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos