Menu
Karl05
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iPhone 5 not sending text to a number

Have a iPhone 5 having problem with only one number they can text me and phone me and I can phone them but I can't text them
Get a not delivered message.
Next day I get a text
Yesterday you sent a message to an invalid number. UK mobile numbers start with 07 or +447. Numbers starting 447 without the leading + are invalid.
I've tried deleting the contact and number and messages, I've reset my network, I've even reset my phone and nothing seems to work
Any more suggestions ?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPhone 5 not sending text to a number

Hi Karl05,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

This seems very odd! I'm sorry that you're having problems texting this number. Are you able to pop your sim in another phone to see if this is working?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
scotti567
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I've got iphone 5s and having this same problem with only one number.

I can't send text to my son, but I can receive. That's very stressful, and I'm very disappointed.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have either of you tried... Removing the full contact details for the offending number, reboot and enter the number manually to text, if it works read the contact

0 Kudos
scotti567
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answer,
I've done. Deleted contact, deleted text history, few times reboot and nothing changed. I've been trying from 10 days and nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi scotti567,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are having problems texting your son's number.

Is your son's number provided by Virgin Mobile? Can you tell me if this number is a new number?

If it isn’t a new number try the following:

Turn off iMessage and try sending a text again. If the users, sender and receiver have ever used iMessage the Apple server remembers the mobile number and will automatically try to send to iMessage.

If they have their number will have to be deleted from Apple's server which can only be done by calling Apple on 0800 048 0408.

The next thing is to make sure and check the number isn't listed on the handset's blocked list. To check this, please follow these steps:-

Settings > Call > Rejected/block

If you are still having a problem with this, please test your SIM card in a different device if you can and see if you have the same problem. If you are able to send text messages then, it will be a handset issue. If you purchased your handset from us and it’s under warranty, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone), so we can look into this further.

If you are still unable to send text messages to the number using your SIM card in a different device, then we will send you a SIM card replacement.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos