Menu
waterbuffalo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i want my upgrade

hi, thanks for letting me in ( though it may be for a short time )

i recently applied for an upgrade, and after going through everything with the guy on the phone i was told we were good to go but i would have to clear the remaining balance on my media account first...this i did

when i rang back i was told i would have to wait 90 days to re apply as the credit check failed           .( because of the media account balance )...i was NOT informed of this in the first phone call..

i do not wish to wait 90 days, i want it now......i have been a virgin customer for years, i have the full tv, broadband and home phone package AND 2 mobiles....

i dont really wish to cancel everything but if i cannot resolve this this to MY satisfaction, then cancel i will  

and maybe you could inform the powers that be that their phone operators should be trained to give customers ALL the facts so the customer can make informed decisions

any advice would be appreciated

thank you for your time

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i want my upgrade

Assume that you are taking out a new contract. If that is the case then the new Freestyle tariffs come into play. Basically your payment will be split, part a loan for the cost of the phone and part airtime.

Virgin's underwriters have really tightened up on the loan part and even a sniff of bad credit (and in some cases not even that) they will either refuse the loan or only allow a cheaper handset.

I suspect you may be 'stuffed' on this one even after 90 days. 

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Assume that you are taking out a new contract. If that is the case then the new Freestyle tariffs come into play. Basically your payment will be split, part a loan for the cost of the phone and part airtime.

Virgin's underwriters have really tightened up on the loan part and even a sniff of bad credit (and in some cases not even that) they will either refuse the loan or only allow a cheaper handset.

I suspect you may be 'stuffed' on this one even after 90 days. 

waterbuffalo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no, not new...upgrading existing...if a long standing customer cant have the deal he wants then i cant see too many customers staying, especially when there are so many other deals out there...if i dont get my deal then i will be cancelling everything....but thanks for the reply Smiley Happy
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To upgrade you will still be moved onto one of the new Freestyle Tariffs - so the same rules apply, I'm afraid.

We have had quite a few on here experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos
waterbuffalo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

well, its up to them at the end of the day...i will try again when this months contract is up, if that fails then they will have lost a customer completely by november, as my other mobile is due then....if anyone is interested, i will post the result here...thanks for your time, my friend
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Do let us know how you get on as I am sure there will be others in your situation in the future