Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: i need parental controls lifted off my phone grrrrrr

Hi daydie,

Log in to your account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab from the row near the top of the page.

This takes you to a page "My tariffs and devices" & "Manage my services" with Parental control is there > try switching it to the opposite of whatever it is.

I say this because there have been a number of posts from people unable to view adult content on their device even after switching OFF parental control in their account.

It seems for some that the switch is "reversed". They are able to view adult content when it is switched ON : Re: Parental Controls on Mobile

If you are still unable to view adult content regardless of how it is set in your account >
Allow the system time to update between you switching and trying to view.

I would recommend giving Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile.
Or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they are able to switch off parental control from their end.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi daydie,

Log in to your account > click on  the "Plan and device" tab from the row near the top of the page.

This takes you to a page "My tariffs and devices" & "Manage my services" with Parental control is there > try switching it to the opposite of whatever it is.

I say this because there have been a number of posts from people unable to view adult content on their device even after switching OFF parental control in their account.

It seems for some that the switch is "reversed". They are able to view adult content when it is switched ON : Re: Parental Controls on Mobile

If you are still unable to view adult content regardless of how it is set in your account >
Allow the system time to update between you switching and trying to view.

I would recommend giving Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile.
Or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they are able to switch off parental control from their end.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

daydie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

all sorted now thx.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear this is all sorted Daydie Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MGman
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I'm having the same problem, out of interest how did you solve it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MGman,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're not able to lift the parental control restriction.

As per my reply on another content control thread, there has been a known problem with parental control settings. I believed this was resolved but I'm keen to see if it's not.

I'm going to send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos