Menu
gdr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i am being charged for premium text messages i did not receive

I am being charged for premium text messages I did not/do not receive or see. 

I seen the charges on my bill for  700146429 , 700146101 and  700146183. 

I contacted Virgin help desk and after numerous phone calls and pointless advice to send STOP or STOP ALL  to the numbers listed in the bill (unable to sent texts to those numbers), they suggested  to contact PhonePayplus.

In the meantime the charges are increasing as they are unable to provide a short code to text or the name/ phone number of the sender.

I have asked to block all premium rate text, but they are unable to do it.

Not happy with Virgin at all

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: i am being charged for premium text messages i did not receive

Hi gdr,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting your query with us.

Sorry to hear you're being charged for premium rate text messages. Appreciate this is a stressful situation for you.

This can be a frustrating time considering your not seeing the text messages to reply back to. I can see our mobile team advised you to contact Phonepayplus which is good option for you.

The only other way to get around these messages would be to change your number which for most is a last resort understandably.

I've linked you to a previous thread here regarding premium rate numbers. 

Hope this helps.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gdr
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi Stephen,

I contacted Phonepayplus with 3 separate complaints about  3 different  numbers but all I received from them is a lenghty standard reply about:

"having already undertaken an exttensive ad full review of the service  inlcuding assessing consumer compalints received and intelligence gatheres through internal monitoring and research."

and it goes on  and on....    finishing with 

"Therefore iit is our decision that no further regulatory action will be taken at this stage"

so it was practically a waste of time on my part  and I am now back to square one.

I am being charged £ 36.00 for texts i did not received nor want.

Speaking to the Virgin support team is going to be another waste of time..

How do you suggest i get the charges cancelled/reimbursed/

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gdr,

Sorry to hear you haven't managed to get this sorted.

Appreciate what your saying but I would recommend calling our mobile team regarding this so we can have a look at your options for you. As I mentioned previously I think the only option you may have is to change your number as this number is registered to except these texts hence why you are receiving these charges. 

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos