Menu
miloss
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi, can I cap my daughters mobile phone ?

My daughter is always going over her allowance on her phone, can I have her phone capped ?

0 Kudos
catnamedog
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: hi, can I cap my daughters mobile phone ?

I have been waiting for Virgin to introduce software which they tell me will enable bill capping to be performed by the bill payer. It should have been introduced in August, but nothing so far. I want to put my grandson onto my Virgin mobile account with a free simm. Unfortunately, he would run me into bankruptcy if I let him loose! So, come on Virgin! you could increase business if you let us do it!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi miloss

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

We don't currently offer the ability to physically cap usage on a contract SIM as Pay Monthly is designed to offer a credit service and this is the reason it's only available to customers over the age of 18.

We do make it really easy to check your remaining allowances though at any time by dialing 789, option 1, using the free Virgin Mobile My Account app from the appstore on your phone or via your Online Account.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Scoggers
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm just now starting to look around for my son's first mobile phone package as he is just about to move up to senior school. I'd have liked to go with Virgin for his phone but as you can't provide a capped account I suppose I'll have to go elsewhere. At the time of writing Tesco are the only ones currently offering capped accounts. Alternatively we could go with 3 who offer a zero credit account which works out pretty much the same as capped.

Virgin, as well as all the other networks could really do with pulling their thumbs out and start offering this service. More and more children are starting to carry mobile devices and at a younger and younger age. The days when you got your first mobile phone long after you had your first shave are long gone. For a hi-tech industry you are well and truly stuck in the past.