Menu
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

google play

Why is it still impossible to download apps over 3g?   Throttling? 3 different phones have exactly the same issue. An hour in and a 2mb app still not downloaded!! Been happening for a month now. 

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: google play

search around theres a huge thread going of the same issue.

virgin mobile throttle all google srvices theyve just nt had the balls to admit it yet despite overwhelming evidence

0 Kudos
KevAmiga
Up to speed
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I thought this was fixed... has it gone again?

TiVo, 150mb BB, Telco, Mobile.. .got em all Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

KevAmiga wrote:
I thought this was fixed... has it gone again?
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep - was fixed for me too, last time I checked. Next time I get an app to update, I'll do it over mobile data and see if the problem is back.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did some speed tests on Data the other day, most I got was 0.98Mb/s DL and 0.89Mb/UL and once I got 0MB/s UL.

I used to get near bang on full H+ speeds back in April when I joined (cannot remember exact speed in my head now but whatever is max for 3G+/H+).

When my phone locks to a network its faster on the "Virgin" (uppercase V) than the "virgin" (lowercase v) < 2 VM networks.

My Data speeds and signal strength have been poor for many week nope same as with other peeps in 12's of threads on topic.

I read it was EE decommissioning masts.

On WIFI I get 152Mb/s.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

...Next time I get an app to update, I'll do it over mobile data and see if the problem is back.

Checked last night. Speed on Google was back up to the same terrible speed I get for all websites - although that seems to have improved a little recently. 1MB/s each way

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I must be living in the right place.
Ookla spedtest
Download 14.21Mbps
Upload 1.52Mbps (low today, normally around 3.5Mbps)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Those speeds sound familiar inc the higher UL you normally get, must have been what I got back when it worked not that long ago.

There are countless threads about recent poor signal up and down the country so I am not alone.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

Those speeds sound familiar inc the higher UL you normally get, must have been what I got back when it worked not that long ago.

There are countless threads about recent poor signal up and down the country so I am not alone.

Poor speed and poor speed for Google services are two different things.

You're right - there are countless threads on data speed, or lack thereof. There was a point, though, where any transfer involving Google (Maps, Play Store etc) was measurably slower - the the point of being unusable.

0 Kudos