Menu
jennie86
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

going abroad

Hi I'm going to the Falkland islands for 6 month am I best to just cancel my contract as its up or is there a package I can change to to use my phone there thats not to expensive??
Thanks jenni
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: going abroad

I would cancel :-)

Making a call £4 @min
Receiving a call £1 @min
Texts £1 each
Data £12.50 @meg

Call cost checker
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=BROWSE_TOPIC&SELECTED_BROWSE_TAB=porta...
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
jennie86
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much when's the best time to phone to speak to someone in England?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thinking about it a bit more.

You might want to keep your number for when your back, so you could drop down your tarrif down to it's lowest (£5) for the six months your away and leave the sim at home, depends if you think your number is worth the £30 it will cost you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennie86,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. You can get in touch with our Customer Care team any time to discuss your account, as we are open 24/7. If you want to cancel your contract, our Retentions department is open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 9am-6pm. 

You can contact us on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us. Also, you can contact us when you're travelling abroad by calling +447953967967(call charges apply).

We would hate to see you leave us, but we wish all the best. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time in the Falklands Smiley Happy Hope to see you again. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos