Menu
bigbird4321
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

going abroad to france and spain

Is there a plan or setting I can use to get data on my iphone 5c while in france and spain

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: going abroad to france and spain

hiya @bigbird4321 welcome to the virginmeda community forum, you could take a look at -> http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/using-your-mobile/abroad.html since possible best to buy a sim their or put your sim into a really cheap phone.. since that's i do since currently in spain (salou) using lycamobile 1gb for 5 euros
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or get a SIM from 3 as France and Spain come out of your monthly allowance at the same rate as in the UK.

If on 3 PAYG a £5 bundle will get 500MB in those countries

0 Kudos
Sue10
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The simple answer is change provider if you want any chance of using your mobile abroad!! Now been away for 8 days and still no access or any nearer Virgin providing any support to resolve.........
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigbird4321,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

You'll need to check whether roaming is enabled on your account first. If you're on pay monthly this is automatically switched off to avoid any unwanted charges.

You can now enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-
Sign in > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

To use mobile data abroad you'd need to also activate data roaming on the handset itself. Settings > Mobile > Data Roaming

Please be aware any allowance you currently have is for UK only. You'd need to purchase an EU data pass. The link has been provided by paultechy.

If you're having trouble connecting to a network then please turn it off. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

You can also check costs of calls, texts and reception here.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos