Menu
dekzion
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

getting out

I received a virgin mobile broadband package early July. it was a £5 card with very low data.

This was just as a tester to see if it would be useable in our new premises. It had no signal at all!

neither in my dongle or phone (which is unlocked). I had to get a card like everyone else in the premises from TalkMobile which works perfect. Now if the Virgin card worked I would have upped it to at least 15gb if available! but it didn't so I cancelled the card and binned it. I started getting bills for it and paid the month owing, then rang CS and told them that I had in fact cancelled and they agreed. Then I got more bills and rang again, they agreed and told me that the accounts people would ring me. They didn't. I have today got a letter telling me that they have set up a direct debit!!!?? **bleep**! so I rang again and they put me through to the accounts who agreed that I'd cancelled and was going to send me confirmation that I had via email.

The email I got was telling me that they were going to take money from the illegally set up DD and not to cancel it for three months! well they know what they can do!

I hate Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting out

Hi dekzion,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm sorry that the experience with your mobile broadband service and billing has been unsatisfactory and that you have cancelled your service with us. 

I appreciate that this is not the level of service we would expect to provide and it's understandable that you're unhappy with the situation.

Please give us a call so that you can speak to our Retentions team so that we can access your full account details and get this sorted out for you.

If you would like to raise a complaint, please get in touch on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or via our other contact options found on Contact Us.

If you have not come to an acceptable resolution, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice (please see Contact Us: www.virginmedia.com/contactus > Something else > Making a complaint-Mobile > Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice for these details).

Please get in touch via the options above so that we can look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dekzion
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting out

Well you can probably see my point. being asked to jump through hoops and getting the run around before you let me leave is a waste of time and a huge wind up situation.
I knew that if it didn't work then on cancellation I'd probably be forced to pay the extra month and was prepared for that, but not for it to run on without any reason.
The direct debit was cancelled so let that be an end to it.
0 Kudos